Know Someone Over 50 Making a Difference? Nominate Them for the AARP Purpose Prize

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Happy National Cat Day

Message 1 of 9

@nyadrn - I've seen that video before, it's hilarious .. and so typical!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content

Message 2 of 9

Simon's Cat

https://youtu.be/fcjR93Jin4Y

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 3 of 9

retiredtraveler wrote:

The only good cat is ground up for dog food!  Man Tongue

Just take a deep breath and listen to some classical music.  Your head will clear shortly.  

Message 4 of 9

@nyadrn - I've thought about that, since 2 of them are almost completely black! Right now we're having torrential rains, and I haven't seen them. I was hoping they'd show up for dinner, and eat inside .. but they must be holed up somewhere.

Message 5 of 9

ASTRAEA wrote:

Since 3 feral cats showed up here since spring, EVERY day is Cat Day for me! I've been feeding them, trapping & getting them neutered with the help of a local cat rescue group, and trying to get them socialized. As much as two of them like coming inside, exploring & getting treats, one still freaks out if I try to close the door .. and it's getting too cold out to leave it open for 15 minutes at night! Smiley Wink

@ASTRAEA  Awwww.  I just read something about not letting your black cat out on Halloween. Boy people can be mean.  

Message 6 of 9

@retiredtraveler - I'm surprised you'd say that; it's not funny at all.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 9

The only good cat is ground up for dog food!  Man Tongue

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.

Message 8 of 9

Since 3 feral cats showed up here since spring, EVERY day is Cat Day for me! I've been feeding them, trapping & getting them neutered with the help of a local cat rescue group, and trying to get them socialized. As much as two of them like coming inside, exploring & getting treats, one still freaks out if I try to close the door .. and it's getting too cold out to leave it open for 15 minutes at night! Smiley Wink

Happy National Cat Day

Message 9 of 9

https://www.nationalcatday.com/

What We Do
We explode the internet every October 29th. We live to celebrate cats and help them to find forever homes. Through our large social media & press platform, all year long we're able to partake in the wonderful world of cats and put the plight of cats in shelters, center stage. We educate literally millions all year long but on October 29th....it's party time! We encourage you to spoil your fur baby a little more on National Cat Day than any other day (you don't want them to get too demanding do you?) by buying them a new toy drenched in cat nip, giving them something simply scrumptious to eat, offering LOTS more cuddling and making a donation to your local shelter in their honor. The best way you can celebrate though is to save a life! So if you can....ADOPT....don't shop. Estimates reveal that there are approximately 4 million cats entering shelters every year with 1-2 million being euthanized. Often cats are overlooked and under-appreciated because they don't usually have jobs like dogs. But cats still lower blood pressure, offer unconditional love and companionship, tons of laughs and alert their owner to danger. Many cats have been named heroes. So take that...dogs!