The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Your top US travel destinations?

Message 21 of 28 (1,250 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

@nyadrn - The cousins enjoyed the U.S., and they're all fluent in English. The son was here going for an advanced degree in criminal justice, and came several other times for helicopter requal. for his job.

The company that bought the plant at which I worked, has HQ in NOLA, and had I continued to work for them, I would have had to go down for training. I guess that's the only thing I missed, having retired when I did!

wow  good for them!  Would you like to go and visit them?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 22 of 28 (1,260 Views)

@nyadrn - The cousins enjoyed the U.S., and they're all fluent in English. The son was here going for an advanced degree in criminal justice, and came several other times for helicopter requal. for his job.

The company that bought the plant at which I worked, has HQ in NOLA, and had I continued to work for them, I would have had to go down for training. I guess that's the only thing I missed, having retired when I did!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 23 of 28 (1,181 Views)

ASTRAEA wrote:

When my cousins were here from Israel, they did what I'd call "The Patriot" tour .. Niagara Falls, Boston, New York, Baltimore/Annapolis & Washington, D.C.

From their list, I think I'd like New Orleans & Charleston, since I've been to many of the others already.

I hope they enjoyed their "tour"!   I am sure you would love New Orleans. Don't know Charleston to know but I would think so. 

Message 24 of 28 (1,182 Views)

Epster wrote:

Me? Easy-peasy! Any place on the western US map without major highways, cities, attractions or population. Wilderness, high mountains and singing coyotes a plus. 

The other thing we look for are long bike trails (think rails to trails).

Yee haw! Smiley Happy

Beautiful.  The Oregon Washington coastal area has it's sparse population areas and it is very beautiful.  The desert can be as well.   We all have our best places !!  : )

Message 25 of 28 (1,170 Views)

When my cousins were here from Israel, they did what I'd call "The Patriot" tour .. Niagara Falls, Boston, New York, Baltimore/Annapolis & Washington, D.C.

From their list, I think I'd like New Orleans & Charleston, since I've been to many of the others already.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

[ Edited ]
Message 26 of 28 (1,082 Views)

Me? Easy-peasy! Any place on the western US map without major highways, cities, attractions or population. Wilderness, high mountains and singing coyotes a plus. 

The other thing we look for are long bike trails (think rails to trails).

Yee haw! Smiley Happy

yonder waits my destinyyonder waits my destiny

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 27 of 28 (1,068 Views)

Boy is it hard to narrow this down.

1 New York City

2 Hilton Head 

3 Route 1  The California Oregon Washington coastal trip  (not really a destination exactly but oh well)

4 New Orleans

5 Reno/Tahoe   /  Cape Cod   kind of a tie

You?

Your top US travel destinations?

[ Edited ]
Message 28 of 28 (1,049 Views)

Best Places to Visit in the USA

Thousands of travelers weighed in on which vacation spots can be considered the best in the USA. Based on those user votes and expert analysis of factors like the variety of attractions, accommodations and dining options in a destination, U.S. News came up with the top places to visit in the USA. These stateside getaways range from beaches to national parks to big cities. Use this list for your vacation planning, and cast your vote below to help us determine next year's list.

http://travel.usnews.com/rankings/best-usa-vacations/