Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Highlighted
Social Butterfly

Re: Your top US travel destinations?

Message 1 of 30 (210 Views)

I am usually a solo traveler who enjoys Native American culture, western history and seeing the awe-inspiring vistas of our wonderful National Parks.  I find Las Vegas, Nevada to be a good starting/ending point.  There are many affordable hotels, rental cars are usually cheaper that other cities and there are plenty of places to go no matter which direction you choose to go.  Go east 3-4 hours and you're in Utah with Zion, Bryce Canyon and Capitol Reef National parks fairly close together.  Go south and the Grand Canyon is only a few hours drive not to mention Sedona, Flagstaff and the Verde valley/canyon also right there in Arizona.  Go north and a six hour drive will get you to Ely, Nevada and close to Great Basin National Park.  Go west and a 4-5 hour drive gets you to Los Angeles or a 6-7 hour drive takes you through Death Valley National Park and close to Sequoia/Kings Canyon and Yosemite National Parks not to mention Mammoth Lake ski resort in the beautiful eastern Sierra Nevada mountains.  I recommend traveling in the Fall when the weather is cooler and the Aspens are in full color.

alaskadude1948
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 30 (331 Views)

I am replying about the heath are I came from Kentucky where I could get anything from my primary care doctor when I needed a referral he picked up the phone while I wass sitting there and said I am sending my patient to see you can you see her today and the answer was yes here they are disconnected I have been trying for over 6 months and can't get the doctor to approve a neurologist while I am having seizures daily it's crazy you can't get a cream or anti pain gel nothing

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 30 (334 Views)

I am replying about the heath are I came from Kentucky where I could get anything from my primary care doctor when I needed a referral he picked up the phone while I wass sitting there and said I am sending my patient to see you can you see her Idaho and the answer was yes here they are disconnected I have been trying for over 6 months and can't get the doctor to approve a neurologist while I am having seizures daily it's crazy you can't get a cream or anti pain gel nothing

Conversationalist

Message 4 of 30 (360 Views)

Our favorite US travel destination is Sedona, **bleep** because it is peaceful, scenic and less touristy.  Our second favorite place to travel is Tucson, **bleep** for art, hiking and good weather in the winter.  Nevada Beach near South Lake Tahoe is the best place to camp on the lake.  The Oregon Coast in the summer is gorgeous;  the state parks are the best in the west.  

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 30 (884 Views)

And now it's back. Smiley Tongue

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 6 of 30 (884 Views)

The desert Southwest: New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, and West Texas. I'll be going to the Guadalupe Mountains next month to do some hiking.

Route 66 between Kingman and Oatman, ArizonaRoute 66 between Kingman and Oatman, ArizonaMary & Joseph, Beatty, NVMary & Joseph, Beatty, NVDesert View DriveDesert View DriveOut in the Great Wide OpenOut in the Great Wide OpenView from the Moki Dugway, UTView from the Moki Dugway, UTValley of the Gods, UTValley of the Gods, UT

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 30 (1,059 Views)

Mackinac Island, Michigan. There are no motorized vehicles allowed on the island which measureas about 8 miles around. Great for bike riding, hiking, horseback riding and there are carriage ride tours. Many places to visit on the island and shopping. Scenery is peaceful. Great get away!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 8 of 30 (1,497 Views)

The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is one of the most peaceful and beautiful places I've ever visited. I was there twice - both times in the summer. But the weather there is not hot in the summer since the altitude at the North Rim is over eight thousand feet. There's a campground, very small duplex cabins, and (best of all) cabins that are larger and are right on the edge of the canyon.

Conversationalist

Message 9 of 30 (1,550 Views)

In the fall nothing is any better than traveling the Skyline Drive in Virginia and the Blue Ridge Mtn Pkwy. in North Carolina.

Conversationalist

Message 10 of 30 (1,552 Views)

Cape May, NJ during the fall and spring months.