What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Info Seeker

Re: Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Message 471 of 508
I love them both, however, the Southern beaches are what I would pick, as I live in Indiana,  and the winters here are long and cold.  Give me warm breezes off the ocean please.
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 472 of 508
That's a tough one!  I currently live near the beach but love the green lush mountains, foliage changes and crisp mountain air especially in the fall.  Fishing is my favorite pasttime so I love being on the pier on the Atlantic ocean in Florida but then again I could go fishing in lakes and streams if I lived in the mountains.  The only thing that keeps me in Florida is having three of my children here.
Conversationalist

Message 473 of 508
They are both better to visit, now and then, rather than live by.  They can be quite dangerous and unpredictable, as are many of the most beautiful places on earth. 
Conversationalist

Message 474 of 508
They are both wonderful, but better to visit than live there as they can both be quite dangerous and unpredictable.
Info Seeker

Message 475 of 508
I  love the beach so there's no question for me
Info Seeker

Message 476 of 508
Crisp, clean, cool fresh air.  You can't beat the mountains.
Conversationalist

Message 477 of 508
I cannot stand heat or too much sun, so beaches are OUT for me. Mountains, clear air, lower temperatures, running water, 4 rather than 2 legged animals, trees and shade-no contest.
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 478 of 508
In Response to Re: Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?:

In the mountains, with a stream or lake close by and neighbors who are not.
Info Seeker

Message 479 of 508
Well, I live in the mountains and would not want to live any where else. The sound of the ocean coming in at night is rather scary to me.The ocean is just too big and is an endless nothing.The salt water is not fun to play in when it keeps coming up in waves onto you. Give me a nice cool poolside in the mountains any day. I prefer the solid ground I stand on.    
Info Seeker

Message 480 of 508
Living near the Chesapeake Bay and being a boater for years, I'd have to say the beach. We vacation in Ocean City, Cancun and Jamaica. Can't wait to hit the beach.