readers and tablets

Caring for loved ones?

Caring for loved ones?

Find the resources you need

Community
Travel

Info Seeker
ppulaski1

Re: Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

I have always loved the beach...the smell of the ocean and the sounds of the waves and cries of the birds are the most calming sounds to me. My husband, however, is a mountain man... He loves the silence of the woods. We compromise...summer in the mountains, winter by the beach.
Info Seeker
phyllisb1835

I would love to live by Big Sur. You have the mountains and the ocean. The best of both worlds.
Info Seeker
krisch9

The mountains would win hands down. I like the snow-covered Rockies to the Blue Ridge Mountains. The beach isn't for me. I don't like being in the sun (I'm a fair redhead), and burn easily. The mountains are so majestic. I feel small next to them. I like standing on top of them, looking down at the world.
Info Seeker
jcassady42

I do like a hotel room on the beach because it is wonderful to fall asleep with the sound of the ocean, however, overall my husband and I really like the mountains.  The mountains bring back memories of summer vacations as a youngster spent at the Poconos with my family.  You have no idea at the time that wonderful memories are being made of time spent with your family that you can never get back.
Info Seeker
Rebuildman

Beach by far, tired of the cold winters, love to scuba dive!

Info Seeker
donbcms

Like water; But not wavesor rip tide. A  lake, stream, waterfall?, beach, boat & a little fishing. Cool!! 

Info Seeker
mizzbee12

I would rather live by the beach. I'm such a waterbabyLaughing
Info Seeker
seagrove01

I lived by the beach from 1998 to 2012 in the Florida Panhandle but lived on a coastal dune lake. Recently moved back to north Georgia to be closer to family and the only thing that would have made it better would have been to find a lake house to buy. To me, that would be the best of both world - in the foothills on water!!
Info Seeker
jjortt

Living near the Chesapeake Bay and being a boater for years, I'd have to say the beach. We vacation in Ocean City, Cancun and Jamaica. Can't wait to hit the beach.
Info Seeker
sdparry

Well, I live in the mountains and would not want to live any where else. The sound of the ocean coming in at night is rather scary to me.The ocean is just too big and is an endless nothing.The salt water is not fun to play in when it keeps coming up in waves onto you. Give me a nice cool poolside in the mountains any day. I prefer the solid ground I stand on.