Through Saturday only! Enjoy 30% off the AARP Smart Driver™ online course. Ends tomorrow

Info Seeker

Re: Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Message 411 of 434 (14,212 Views)
I do like a hotel room on the beach because it is wonderful to fall asleep with the sound of the ocean, however, overall my husband and I really like the mountains.  The mountains bring back memories of summer vacations as a youngster spent at the Poconos with my family.  You have no idea at the time that wonderful memories are being made of time spent with your family that you can never get back.
Info Seeker

Message 412 of 434 (14,230 Views)
The mountains would win hands down. I like the snow-covered Rockies to the Blue Ridge Mountains. The beach isn't for me. I don't like being in the sun (I'm a fair redhead), and burn easily. The mountains are so majestic. I feel small next to them. I like standing on top of them, looking down at the world.
Info Seeker

Message 413 of 434 (14,278 Views)
I would love to live by Big Sur. You have the mountains and the ocean. The best of both worlds.
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 414 of 434 (14,388 Views)
I have always loved the beach...the smell of the ocean and the sounds of the waves and cries of the birds are the most calming sounds to me. My husband, however, is a mountain man... He loves the silence of the woods. We compromise...summer in the mountains, winter by the beach.
Info Seeker

Message 415 of 434 (3,730 Views)
Luckily I have the best of both worlds.  I live in Corvallis, OR, which is between the Cascades and the ocean.  Can be in the mountains or at the coast in under an hour .....
Conversationalist

Message 416 of 434 (3,706 Views)

I would take the beach in a warm place in the winter and the mountains in the summer. Of course, I'd want a lake close by tthe mountains.
Info Seeker

Message 417 of 434 (3,685 Views)
I was born at the feet of the Big Horns in Wyoming and spent much time in Colorado's Rockies. My home for many years has been near the Pacific in California. I would like to state with great assurance that in California we have it all. The Pacific is at my doorstep; the Sierra Nevada a skip and jump off to the east. As I see the question, however, the choice is not between beach and mountains but ocean and mountains. Mountains have plenty of high-country lakes and their beaches, but the ocean is a world of its own.
Info Seeker

Message 418 of 434 (3,642 Views)
We live in the country about 2 miles east of the left coast. It gives us stable weather without extremes. We do get earthquakes, however. And straightening the road in front of our house was nixed by the city.
Info Seeker

Message 419 of 434 (3,506 Views)
Oh give me the mountains anytime!!  But not where you get all the snow.  Someplace like Asheville NC.  I was also in Washington in November and loved the pines.  I don't know how bad the winters would be there though.  I don't mind the drizzly days though.  If I want the sound of water, a wonderful mountain brook or stream would be great.  I like to see sunsets at the beaches, and to spend a few hours there, but then I'm good to go (back to the mountains).  So where do I live?  In Indiana, surrounded by CORN!!
Info Seeker

Message 420 of 434 (3,498 Views)
Beach ..beach ...beach...Love It!