Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Retired Community Manager

Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?

Thinking back to growing up near the Adirondack's, of course I have to say...the mountains! How about you?

MOUNTAINS

Contributor

Definitely in the mountains. I don't like sand and sun so much.  Mountains have a new look every day with all the terrain and different beautiful colors. The air is always so nice. I feel close to God in the mountains. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Love the watching watching the ocean and the waves.
0 Kudos

love the beach & ocean go out on the boat &just lay back.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

How about both depending on the weather?  Mountains in the hottest part of summer and beach during the spring early summer and fall/

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

Beach by far, tired of the cold winters, love to scuba dive!

Periodic Contributor

SAME HERE HAVE TO GO WITH CO. LOVE THE MOUNTAINS LOVE TO FISH AND HUNT
0 Kudos

I love the Atlantic Ocean.
0 Kudos
Contributor

@Rebuildman wrote:

Beach by far, tired of the cold winters, love to scuba dive!

Me too! The idea of water nurishing life draws me to the need to be close to the ocean and lakes.

0 Kudos

I do like a hotel room on the beach because it is wonderful to fall asleep with the sound of the ocean, however, overall my husband and I really like the mountains.  The mountains bring back memories of summer vacations as a youngster spent at the Poconos with my family.  You have no idea at the time that wonderful memories are being made of time spent with your family that you can never get back.

The mountains would win hands down. I like the snow-covered Rockies to the Blue Ridge Mountains. The beach isn't for me. I don't like being in the sun (I'm a fair redhead), and burn easily. The mountains are so majestic. I feel small next to them. I like standing on top of them, looking down at the world.
Contributor

Yes the mountians are so beautiful
0 Kudos
Contributor

Live in Blue Ridge Mtns.  You can have the beach

Kudos
Views

I would love to live by Big Sur. You have the mountains and the ocean. The best of both worlds.
Contributor

love both , have two homes one in both places

0 Kudos
Contributor

Another great place to have both ocean and mountains is Vancouver. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I agree.  Having the best of two worlds is hard to beat

0 Kudos

I would prefer Humacao Puerto Rico.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

ocean
0 Kudos
Contributor

I love mountainous sites, but, I would love to live by the ocean.

0 Kudos
Contributor

either one depending on the views
0 Kudos
Contributor

ditto camped there at phaffer state beach every somer growing up as a grown up i rented the cabins nice
0 Kudos
Contributor

Isnt' that so!  Mountains that slope down into the ocean is where it is at.

I live in Cabo San Lucas, MX.

This is where it is at. the mountains have the cool, dry air (some people live humidity, so on the sand usually does it), and if you are on the Western side of a continent, you will have the Chappas weather which is how I have run my life, viz., to stay on the western coast of a large continent in order to get great weather.

Mykie. 

0 Kudos

I have always loved the beach...the smell of the ocean and the sounds of the waves and cries of the birds are the most calming sounds to me. My husband, however, is a mountain man... He loves the silence of the woods. We compromise...summer in the mountains, winter by the beach.
Contributor

The mountains is a winner for me.  Just the beauty of all the nature that God has created and the natural smell of the trees and the unique look of all the different creatures that inhabit the woods and the forever changing look of the trees, flowers, every time the season changes.  Imagine the change you see everyday and the photographs you can take to remind you of the blessings out there.  The ocean has it's own beauty but how long can you stand the water and play in the sand and hope to see a glimps of the sea that's hiding beneath the beauty of the sea.

mountains
0 Kudos

Hawaii would be great by the beach, if we could afford it..

0 Kudos

Hawaii would be great in the winter months!   Tennesese for the summer months.in the mountains.

0 Kudos

BEACH, HANS DOWN!!

the beach, preferbly Hawaii, the big Island, it has everything and is big enought with mountains, plains, and the beach with warm water.

I like California but the ocean is too cold for swimming.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakoutยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP