Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Where will your travels take you next year?

Message 1 of 11 (1,058 Views)

Puerto Rico, CA, 1000 Islands area of NYS, Washington State, Mexico and hopefully Alaska and Cuba

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 11 (1,348 Views)

I travel domestically and usually with my 11 YO horse: first trip next is to the January USEF Awards banquet in Lexington, KY. My mare is receiving many awards for carriage driving and has been nominated for their national horse of the year award. Now it is up to anyone with an email address to vote. Please vote for me, too: equestrian of the year! I am the only AARP member and only senior citizen to be in the running. Voting closes midnight January 4th.

usef.org and the voting links are on the right side: 2016 Horse of the Year (national: Sjaantje) 2016 Equestrian (Gail Aumiller)

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 11 (1,482 Views)

Through the International Language School I have arranged 1 month private Spanish lessons, live with a native speaking family in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 11 (1,641 Views)

rdmullin wrote:

"....Scotland- ...... joining a small-group tour, then afterwards driving south through England for a week before sailing home. I've always had a tough time understanding the Scotish accent, so it could get interesting!...".

I travel as a single and I too have difficulty with the brogue. The first b&b I'm staying at has Haggis as an option for part of breakfast. I think that has magical qualities and will allow me to understand the accent.

Smiley Tongue

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Conversationalist

Message 5 of 11 (1,788 Views)

My daughter and I are Outlander followers. We made the trip to Scotland for that reason. I will go back one day, it is an experience you will never forget. 

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 11 (1,825 Views)

Scotland- had to go after my wife got hooked on the Outlander series of books. After I watched the first season of the TV series, I agreed! We're joining a small-group tour, then afterwards driving south through England for a week before sailing home. I've always had a tough time understanding the Scotish accent, so it could get interesting!

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 11 (2,115 Views)

TravelledOne wrote:

Europe and predominantly the Alps for the 23rd summer in a row.

Yeah. I keep thinking about the Alps. Need to go while I'm still able to do serious hiking.,,,,,,,, I assume the Swiss Alps, not Italian? Is there a particular area/city you like?

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 11 (2,129 Views)

Europe and predominantly the Alps for the 23rd summer in a row.

Alex
Community Manager

Message 9 of 11 (2,158 Views)

It sounds like you have some wonderful travel plans to look forward to @retiredtraveler!

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 11 (2,173 Views)

Will be hiking in the Canadian Rockies, a bike trip (as in bicycle) somewhere in the midwest, and an annual trip to the U.K. Will be visiting York/Yorkshire, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and hiking the Trossachs.

Both the British pound and the Canadian dollar are at record lows against the U.S. dollar making these destinations as inexpensive as they have ever been.