Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: Where to enjoy vacations?

Message 1 of 4

Agree with Colorado.   Loved Colorado Springs and Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs, and all that. 

Santa Cruz, CA is gorgeous.  Anything up and down the Northern CA coast. 

Cannon Beach, Oregon and Haystack Rock.   

St. Augustine, Florida.

I liked Mystic, CT a lot.  Small NE town, much less crowded than other big NE destinations.   Cute. 

Just went to see Falling Water in Western PA.  Winter wasn't the best time, unless you want to ski, too.  But the nearby town of Ohiopyle is cute, with eclectic shops, and hiking past smaller water falls. 

Philadelphia is awesome.  Chicago, Atlanta, Charlotte  as well.  I used to only go to cities.  But I've been enjoying more outdoors vacations in recent years. 

I'm hanging out in Manteo, NC this summer.  Haven't been yet.  Set back from the Outer Banks a bit.  Some kayaking, cut little arts district.  

Wiliamsburg, Gettysburg, for history.    

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 4

I second @alferdpacker's Colorado suggestion. We have it all: road trips, resorts, outdoor activities, museums, stage productions and concerts, wineries, breweries, first rate gourmet restaurants, everything from ancient civilizations and gold rush relics to modern cities and architecture. Let us not forget our jaw-dropping vistas and wildlife galore. Smiley Happy

Whether you want to be in the middle of it or bask in solitude, Colorado can get you there.

https://www.colorado.com

No matter where you go, I hope you and yours enjoy fabulous vacations.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4

cullenc818712 wrote:

I am keen to read and looking to see few suggestions regarding where to go inside the USA to make my vacations unforgettable for me. I would like to go with family members and want to be sure about that place before heading toward. So, here looking to see your suggestions. 

Depends upon what interests you have and what activities you enjoy.

In the Colorado Rocky Mountains, there are numerous winter sports(23 ski areas) and summer sports as well as scenic mountain regions, ghost towns, old mining camps, and depending upon one's interests, everything from scenic paved drives - (2 of them to the top of 14 thousand foot mountains) to even more scenic unimproved dirt/rock 4wd trails in the high mountains that follow the trails going where miners on foot with burros and with wagon teams traveled over a century ago - some of which you can hire an experienced driver for - and others are DIY...  Lots of rivers including headwaters of the Colorado, the Arkansas, the Platte and the  Rio Grande are in Colorado.    There are 49 other states - a little lower in average altitude, but with attractions worth seeing - for instance - the Cass Railroad in WV, and the Tail of the Dragon (hwy129) along the Tennesse/North Carolina state line...

Lots to see out there...

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Info Seeker

Where to enjoy vacations?

Message 4 of 4

I am keen to read and looking to see few suggestions regarding where to go inside the USA to make my vacations unforgettable for me. I would like to go with family members and want to be sure about that place before heading toward. So, here looking to see your suggestions.