Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Silver Conversationalist

Re: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 81 of 214 (5,752 Views)

Toronto. So many cultural attractions, great public transportation. More languages spoken than I think any other North American city. And Toronto is foodie heaven. Just one example: not just one Nepalese restaurant--about 2 blocks of them! Yum. :-) 

Info Seeker

Message 82 of 214 (5,415 Views)
I would like to see London again. While flying back to the USA after being stationed in Germany for several years, I saw Big Ben & the the Tower of London while landing for a short layover at Heathrow. Being the grand daughter of English immigrants I would would love to see much more of my heritage and actually leave the airport!
Info Seeker

Message 83 of 214 (5,317 Views)

AARPLynne wrote:

Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Laos

Info Seeker

Message 84 of 214 (5,291 Views)

My husband and I kayaked the length of the Mississippi from the headwaters in northern Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico in the summer of 2014, a truly epic voyage. Not only were we able to raise $17,000 for our favorite charity, but it was the best (and at times hardest!) 70 days of our 42 years together. There has not been a day since then that I haven't missed this majestic and iconic river...and I hope we will do it again before we turn 70!

Info Seeker

Message 85 of 214 (2,933 Views)
Bermuda. Cruised there on the Norwegian Dawn in Oct for our 25th wedding anniversary. Hubby booked us another cruise for my Christmas present. Going back in August
Info Seeker

Message 86 of 214 (2,943 Views)

Info Seeker

Message 87 of 214 (2,936 Views)
Sedona in Arizona is a fabulous place!
Info Seeker

Message 88 of 214 (2,948 Views)

I went west to south dakota, montanta,whyoming, and utah. went through nebraska on my way. saw all kinds of wildlife and even went to kevin kosner's dancing wiwth wolves moveie site.  Saw Custer';s stand site and the national cemetary there.  I left from Missosur--gone for 10 days.  not long enough,  xoxo, jackie schlesener

Conversationalist

Message 89 of 214 (3,006 Views)

For me, that's South East Asia. I've been to a few countries in the region like Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. The culture of each countries is different, Malaysians seem more American to me because they are more individualistic and more direct in their expression than people from other Asian countries. I was impressed with laid back atmosphere in Laos and Vietnam, especially the home-stay trip to Sapa that I booked through Best Price Vietnam. I had chance to stay with a local family in a tribal village. I also have meals with the host family. Stay at the home-stay is a good way to get close to unique local culture. I definitely will go back to Sapa next year.

Conversationalist

Message 90 of 214 (3,026 Views)

For me, that's South East Asia. I've been to a few countries in the region like Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. The culture of each countries is different, Malaysians seem more American to me because they are more individualistic and more direct in their expression than people from other Asian countries. I was impressed with laid back atmosphere in Laos and Vietnam, especially the home-stay trip to Sapa. I had chance to stay with a localfamily in a tribal village. I also have meals with the host family. Stay at the home-stay is a good way to get close to unique local culture. I definitely will go back to Sapa next year.