Know Someone Over 50 Making a Difference? Nominate Them for the AARP Purpose Prize

Info Seeker +

Re: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 211 of 226
My parents moved to Arkansas about 100 miles from Little Rock. One year while driving up to see them I topped a rise in the road and the sight took my breath away .A panorama of mountains shrouded in clouds with just the peaks appearing in the sunlight. It was majestic, beautiful, inspiring and I realized why they chose to retire there, amidst all the beauty of the forests and mountains.
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 212 of 226

I just went on a cruise to ALASKA with Holland America and it was fantastic

Conversationalist

Message 213 of 226

Niagra Falls, one of G-D's greatest wonders, especially looking at it from Canada.

Info Seeker

Message 214 of 226

I have been to Ireland five times and I love it .  I shall return. 

John Nelligan

Gold Conversationalist

Message 215 of 226

I've been to the California Redwoods on the coast and I really can't wait to go back again! Just beautiful and the only place like it with ancient trees of it's kind in the country.

Conversationalist

Message 216 of 226
I lived in Brazil as a Peace Corps Volunteer just out of college (1967-69) and returned for the first time in 2011. But I want to go back. There is something about the Brazilian culture and especially its people that is so warm and welcoming. In the area where I served in the Peace Corps, I was welcomed like a long-lost relative, treated like royalty. Former students fought over who would host me and I was not permitted to pay for anything for the week I was there. Then, I traveled to other places I regretted missing while I lived in Brazil, and almost everyone treated me just as well. What a great country.
Info Seeker

Message 217 of 226
Dominican Republic
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 218 of 226

I am not ready to "repeat" a location yet. Still having fun discovering new places. Typically my one "big" annual vacation is to a Caribbean island. This year it's Bonaire. I heard that the scuba diving is great!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 219 of 226
I agree with your New Orleans choice . I have never been outside of Houston. How would you describe the hill country?
Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Info Seeker

Message 220 of 226

The place I have been that stays in my mind is New Orleans. Love the swamps & historical places! Another is Texas Hill Country. Love all the historic sites & the beautiful scenery.