ACA Open Enrollment Ends Today. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Info Seeker

Re: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 121 of 226

Thanks for the congratulatory message for my August birthday. I cannot forget the beautiful Menai Bridge linking the City of Bangor to Holyhead on the northern tip of Wales. The bridge at dusk is a piece of water-color. From Holyhead you can get on the St. Columba run by the British Railway to  enjoy the swirling seagulls and the winds whipping up sudsy whitecaps during the  three-hour journey to Dun-Laoghaire, and  if you wish, drive to as far as Galway or visit the Martello Towers.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 122 of 226

Italy, especially Lake Como, Rome and Padua. We were in Padua (Padova in Italian) for St. Anthony's Feast Day. That day at the incredibly majestic and beautiful Basilica of Saint Anthony, hearing the town's youth choir singing and seeing his relics, was an experience we shall never forget. And the town itself is fun to explore and enjoy the wonderful food in the restaurants. Padua is a very short train ride from Venice.

Info Seeker

Message 123 of 226

Info Seeker

Message 124 of 226
I'm going on a cruise around Italy with friends. Being disabled we find this is one of the easiest ways to get to different cities without the hassle if packing & unpacking. We eat one meal off ship so we can taste the goods of each area. Can't wait to experience what you are describingn
Info Seeker

Message 125 of 226
I went in a small ship cruise to Asia. I would love to go back. China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Peoples Republic of Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand & Singapore. 12 days was not enough time to share with the wonderful people I met in their homelands. Polite, cheerful people willing to teach about their home & wanting to know about my home.
Info Seeker

Message 126 of 226

I really agree with you. I've taken 5 of their cruises and cannot say enough good things about them. My favorite was the Elbe River voyage. Ship only held 125 passengers which made it cozy and personal. And the staff was marvelous, as I've found them to be on all Viking ships.

Conversationalist

Message 127 of 226

Rome - I was on a wonderful cruise years ago.  One day was just not enough!  It was beautiful and I loved it.  I just did not see everything that is important.  I would love to return.  A friend found a week immersion tour, that is my travel dream now.  Debbie

Info Seeker

Message 128 of 226
Victoria, B.C. - one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen.
Info Seeker

Message 129 of 226

Perú-Machu Pichu, is a really magical place to visit and to stay for a few days, the people of "Aguas Calientes" are very kind and you see they assist you as if you are part of his relatives.  Really can't wait to be there again, I was there in 2012 and I"ll try to be there again in 2016.

Social Butterfly

Message 130 of 226

My wife and I have been to Italy twice and will return for a third trip in another month. It seems as hard as we try we can’t make a dent in their wine inventory!

If you think you know about good, inexpensive Italian red wine – and haven’t been there, I’ve got some bad news for you…the local wineries in every area make some superb wines that never make it out of the area, let alone out of Italy. The food, all of it, makes a whole lot of American foods seem like last week’s throw-away. Their secret? They only use the freshest they can get (that drives the menu and not the other way around) and prepare it simply.

Next trip (next year, Lord willing) we will go to southern France and check out the sights, food and wine. However they have a lot to live up to so they better bring their A game! ;->