Attend AARP's Job Search in the Digital Age Online Workshop, Thursday at 7 p.m. ET. Register Now

Info Seeker

Re: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 121 of 221 (2,940 Views)

I really agree with you. I've taken 5 of their cruises and cannot say enough good things about them. My favorite was the Elbe River voyage. Ship only held 125 passengers which made it cozy and personal. And the staff was marvelous, as I've found them to be on all Viking ships.

Conversationalist

Message 122 of 221 (3,203 Views)

Rome - I was on a wonderful cruise years ago.  One day was just not enough!  It was beautiful and I loved it.  I just did not see everything that is important.  I would love to return.  A friend found a week immersion tour, that is my travel dream now.  Debbie

Info Seeker

Message 123 of 221 (3,212 Views)
Victoria, B.C. - one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen.
Info Seeker

Message 124 of 221 (3,197 Views)

Perú-Machu Pichu, is a really magical place to visit and to stay for a few days, the people of "Aguas Calientes" are very kind and you see they assist you as if you are part of his relatives.  Really can't wait to be there again, I was there in 2012 and I"ll try to be there again in 2016.

Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 125 of 221 (2,597 Views)

My wife and I have been to Italy twice and will return for a third trip in another month. It seems as hard as we try we can’t make a dent in their wine inventory!

If you think you know about good, inexpensive Italian red wine – and haven’t been there, I’ve got some bad news for you…the local wineries in every area make some superb wines that never make it out of the area, let alone out of Italy. The food, all of it, makes a whole lot of American foods seem like last week’s throw-away. Their secret? They only use the freshest they can get (that drives the menu and not the other way around) and prepare it simply.

Next trip (next year, Lord willing) we will go to southern France and check out the sights, food and wine. However they have a lot to live up to so they better bring their A game! ;->

Super Social Butterfly

Message 126 of 221 (3,330 Views)
The neighborhood bar.
Info Seeker

Message 127 of 221 (3,395 Views)

Colorado.  The entire state seems to have a bit of everything that makes this country amazing.  The Rockies are awe-inspiring, but the drive west across the flat plains seeing the mountains in the distance is an amazing experience.  And then on the other side of the state you have desert and of course the amazing Mesa Verde.  I've visited the state four times, and can't wait to return.

Info Seeker

Message 128 of 221 (3,402 Views)
Hilton head sc
Info Seeker

Message 129 of 221 (3,409 Views)

I'm Ray Copt, I have visited Australia, New Zealand, Mexico (Baja'), most of Canada, and many Caribbean Islands.

The BEST place, has to be Australia, with Vancouver B.C. has to be # 2.

RayCopt

Conversationalist

A L A S K A C R U I S E

[ Edited ]
Message 130 of 221 (3,425 Views)

ALASKA!  Love crusing - been inside passage numerous times.  did the north and southbound cruise from vancouver as well.   Very peaceful, beautiful, and on a cruise ship, very simple - my hotel and restaurant go with me!  minimal hassle factor.

If you have the $ i suggest you get a suite.  Save up for it, you won't regret it.

Best Cruise Line for me is Celebrity, then Princess, then Norwegian - they all have different styles that fit different needs - and you can become captain club members for future benefits.