AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 161 of 221 (1,943 Views)
We love to try new places, but Alaska is on our list to visit again. It's just beautiful.
Conversationalist

Re: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again? Colorado Springs

Message 162 of 221 (1,984 Views)

We went in thwe fall of the year, connot tell how beautiful the Aspens were, bright Yellow, Garden of the Gods,Air force academy, etc. Also some great returants. Loved it...

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 163 of 221 (1,993 Views)

Atlantic Beach, NC. We went the first week in October. The surf was still warm enough. We stayed at a nice place. Enjoyed the Seafood Festival. My son took me fishing; it was only the second time I have gone fishing, the first time being more than 50 years ago. We enjoyed some great food. There isstill more we would like to do, especially more fishing. We toured nearby Beaufort; I would love to live there. Then we would have to find a new vacation spot.

Conversationalist

Message 164 of 221 (2,338 Views)

I have traveled Europe and the United States but the place I would visit again and again is Alaska.  In 1987 I took a cruise up the Inside Passage to Sitka.  On the way the ports were Ketchikan & Juneau and then Sitka.  What an experience.  In 2012 I took another cruise to Alaska and this time visited Skagway along with Juneau, the Tracy Arm and Ketchikan, Alaskal

Lynette

Info Seeker

Message 165 of 221 (2,351 Views)

New Orleans, Louisianna 

Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 166 of 221 (2,457 Views)

Still together after 44 years!.JPGLahaina, Maui, HA. We love to travel but Lahaina is one of our favorite places. We try to go there once a year. We always stay in town because we like to walk and there is so much to see and do; restaurants, shops, the ocean, the banyon tree and more. It is also a good location as a central point to see the rest of Maui. We thought of buying a condo there at one time but sence we like to visit other places, we decided against it. We almost feel at home there. We have often said that if it wasn't for our kids and grandkids living so close to us, we would probably live there! 

Recognized Social Butterfly

NEW ENGLAND: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 167 of 221 (2,992 Views)

New England - Newport, R.I. and Connecticut.

MAP.gif

Info Seeker

Message 168 of 221 (3,253 Views)

To the Holy Land---twice!!!! It is life-changing and beautiful.

Rev. Marcia Urban

Info Seeker

Message 169 of 221 (3,500 Views)

Absolutely Iceland! (Not Rejkjavik, but "off the beaten path") Friendly people, wonderful food, amazing scenery. We only drove part of the ring road on the western side of the island ... so much more to explore!

iceland.jpg

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 170 of 221 (3,522 Views)

i use to live in North Carolina and South Carolina.  I would love to go back there.  the people are friendly and the secenery is wonderful. down in South Carolina we were close to Shavanna, Georgia, which is beautiful,  everyone should visit there and walk down the old time streets also go visit the islands.  you won't be sorry.  just beautiful all over the Carolinas