Are You Ready for the Next Natural Disaster? AARP Live Can Help You Get Prepared Tonight at 10 p.m. Watch here

Conversationalist

Re: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 201 of 214 (3,848 Views)

Niagra Falls, one of G-D's greatest wonders, especially looking at it from Canada.

Info Seeker

Message 202 of 214 (3,913 Views)

I have been to Ireland five times and I love it .  I shall return. 

John Nelligan

Gold Conversationalist

Message 203 of 214 (3,959 Views)

I've been to the California Redwoods on the coast and I really can't wait to go back again! Just beautiful and the only place like it with ancient trees of it's kind in the country.

Conversationalist

Message 204 of 214 (4,059 Views)
I lived in Brazil as a Peace Corps Volunteer just out of college (1967-69) and returned for the first time in 2011. But I want to go back. There is something about the Brazilian culture and especially its people that is so warm and welcoming. In the area where I served in the Peace Corps, I was welcomed like a long-lost relative, treated like royalty. Former students fought over who would host me and I was not permitted to pay for anything for the week I was there. Then, I traveled to other places I regretted missing while I lived in Brazil, and almost everyone treated me just as well. What a great country.
Info Seeker

Message 205 of 214 (8,408 Views)
Dominican Republic
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 206 of 214 (8,632 Views)

I am not ready to "repeat" a location yet. Still having fun discovering new places. Typically my one "big" annual vacation is to a Caribbean island. This year it's Bonaire. I heard that the scuba diving is great!

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 207 of 214 (8,747 Views)
I agree with your New Orleans choice . I have never been outside of Houston. How would you describe the hill country?
Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Info Seeker

Message 208 of 214 (8,819 Views)

The place I have been that stays in my mind is New Orleans. Love the swamps & historical places! Another is Texas Hill Country. Love all the historic sites & the beautiful scenery.

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 209 of 214 (8,852 Views)

Canadian Rockies (Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Yoho). We go every couple of years. Otherwise, Tetons, Cascades, Glacier-Waterton.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 210 of 214 (8,841 Views)

We love New Mexico and take trips there frequently, with the last visit being this past November. When we were younger we would camp most of the time but as we have aged this has less appeal so we usually rent a house or condo. This time we found a charming stone house in Abiquiu, New Mexico near Georgia O'Keeffe's house and Ghost Ranch. It was located off a series of country gravel and dirt roads and gave one the feeling of  privacy—with civilization nearby. We enjoyed the walks at the Ghost Ranch, the fall foliage, and trips into Santa Fe. Our dog, and traveling companion, was welcome and loved being able to walk with us off leash in the New Mexico sand. Maybe we will return this fall.

roundhouse.jpg

river.jpg

Starimage.jpgSparkel18