The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 221 of 225 (8,963 Views)

We love New Mexico and take trips there frequently, with the last visit being this past November. When we were younger we would camp most of the time but as we have aged this has less appeal so we usually rent a house or condo. This time we found a charming stone house in Abiquiu, New Mexico near Georgia O'Keeffe's house and Ghost Ranch. It was located off a series of country gravel and dirt roads and gave one the feeling of  privacy—with civilization nearby. We enjoyed the walks at the Ghost Ranch, the fall foliage, and trips into Santa Fe. Our dog, and traveling companion, was welcome and loved being able to walk with us off leash in the New Mexico sand. Maybe we will return this fall.

roundhouse.jpg

river.jpg

Starimage.jpgSparkel18

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 222 of 225 (8,956 Views)

There are so many places that I have not been that I still want to see but there are some special places that call you back..

the first is the city of New York.. no other place, and I have been fortunate to see many, has ever felt like coming home to me.

The Smoky Mountains.. I look forward to seeing them every year

and once more .. the beautiful city of New Orleans. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 223 of 225 (8,906 Views)

alferdpacker wrote:

The San Juan Mountains of Southwest Colorado.  I've been going there whenever I could - summer and winter - since I was first taken there camping and hunting by my parents in 1953.   Nice views like this one......

Beautiful!  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Highlighted

Message 224 of 225 (8,912 Views)

The San Juan Mountains of Southwest Colorado.  I've been going there whenever I could - summer and winter - since I was first taken there camping and hunting by my parents in 1953.   Nice views like this one......

P8110514.JPG

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Community Manager

Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?

Message 225 of 225 (8,897 Views)

Where have you gone that you can't wait to visit again?