AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Have you taken a 'ghostly' trip?

Message 1 of 13

2Papa wrote:

No, I never took a ghostly trip.

Any particular reason?  or just a general comment?

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Super Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 13

No, I never took a ghostly trip.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 13

A number or years ago when our sons were still young enough to live with us we took a family trip to Great Britain. Since my husband had spent time living with his family in Europe he had memories of too many boring tours of museums and castles so we decided to put a ghost theme on the sightseeing. Among the memorable sights were the Tower of London where our tourguide had wonderful stories of the poor souls who had lived there until their deaths or been executed there. Spending a night at Chillingham Castle in North Umberland was incredible as the place has many stories of ghosts and our room had a 'guests diary' for comments (some past comments about hairraising experiences scared us a bit) We were also seemingly totally alone in a beautiful yet creepy castle (it has a 'torture chamber' to tour) in which we could roam around a bit! The best however was the haunted tour of Edinborough Scotland, They take you to tour the part of the city that was walled off centuries ago for the purpose of stopping the spread of the plague. Later they went in and cleaned out the dead...very creepy and sad. A number of ghosthunters have had experiences there. The British seem to love ghost stories and there are many stories to capture the fancy if you are a fan. 

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 13

My husband and I took a " ghost tour" of "Old Town" San Diego. We took a "haunted trolley tour" to different old houses, one had many stained windows of old composers. We then went to the downtown area to an old judge's home, called the "hanging judge." My husband remarked he could smell cigar smoke. The tour operator stated that the judge used to smoke, and very few people would notice that. Kind of creepy!

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 13
Thank you for the kudo.
I guess my story wasn't good enough for AARP. I don't see where it was inappropriate.
Info Seeker

Message 6 of 13

When we were growing up we lived in a haunted house. You could hear what sounded like furniture being moved , babies crying , gun shots etc . They never tried to scare us deliberately. Our mom ran outside one time to see who shot the gun but as quick as she got outside there was no one in the street and there wasn't enough time for whomever it was to disappear. Our mom was a nurse and was going to help whomever it was. We had one bedroom that was really eerie and no one would sleep in there. It wasn't like the other sounds etc . It gave you the creeps when you were in that room. One time our mom had to call the police for something that I don't remember the reason all I remember is that when the officer walked into the little hallway between the kitchen and bedroom in the apartment upstairs there was a little door above the closet in the hallway , we called it the cubby hole,anyway the officer walked into the hallway and the little door fell and almost hit him it scared him enough that he wouldn't come back. If our mom had to call the police the same one would not come to the house. Oh , the little door had been nailed shut and had not been used in years, it was nailed shut way before we moved there. I could go on with more but I'm running out of time. My youngest sister wrote a book about it. I would love to write a book about all the experiences I have had  but I'm not a writer like my sister . 

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 13

My wife and I have celebrated several wedding anniversaries in Eureka Springs, AR. and stayed at the Crescent Hotel, room 218!  Lot's of fun but no ghosts yet.

Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 13

I've been to the Winchester Mystery House twice.  Not really "ghostly", but pretty cool.

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 13

Have been on several ghost tours in Savanah, GA and Charleston, SC.  It always gives you a different historical perspective.  

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 13

The Admiral Fell Inn in Baltimore, MD is a ghost hotel. They have ghost tours in the hotel and around the surrounding neighborhood, Fell's Point. I can say that we did have a ghost doing some strange things in our room (like clothes that were in the closet later showing up on the floor when noone in the room had changed positions) - eerie. It is a fantastic place to stay if you are ever in that neck of the woods.