Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Info Seeker

Re: Glacier national park September visit

Message 11 of 19 (1,009 Views)

I am visiting the park at the end of September! Just wondering what to expect in terms of hiking...do I need hiking boots or will tennis shoes suffice....what else to I need? We will be doing a 1 day visit. I'm traveling with a group and just a last minute tag along.....

Info Seeker

Re: Glacier national park

Message 12 of 19 (937 Views)

I was there 2 years ago and it certainly was beautiful. However, if you really want to see glaciers go as soon as you can. In several places the park service has placed photographs of how the glaciers looked just a short time ago. The view of how they look now is very disturbing. All of the glaciers have receded dramatically due to global warming (if you don't "believe" in global warming, you will after seeing them). I would go before the park service has to change the park's name. Sorry if this sounds disturbing, but global warming is destroying the glaciers.

Conversationalist

Message 13 of 19 (1,080 Views)

I lived in Montana for 36 years and enjoyed all of its beauty including Glacier Park. It is truly magnificent. When visiting there though, even in summer, I suggest being prepared for chilly temperatures. A brief snowstorm in July is not unheard of. I highly recommend visiting Glacier and a lot more out of the way places in Montana. It is a wonderful place.

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 19 (686 Views)

I had the opportunity to visit East Glacier for a couple of days in early June, just before the variety of National Park Service events started. While I always enjoy the National Park events and learn so much, I have to say I enjoyed the feeling of having the park nearly to ourselves. The Going to the Sun Road wasn't open all the way yet, but we went as far as the road was open from the east side and it was spectacular. The jade colors of the lakes and the various pops of color from the wildflowers were amazing. The Grinnell Glacier trail also wasn't open all the way. But, the 80-85% of the trail that was open was one of the best hikes I've ever done. If I ever go again, I think I would stay longer and probably go after Labor Day.

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 19 (700 Views)

I grew up about 50 miles from Glacier Park. I used to skip school and go sit up there and watch the eagles soar through the canyons and the wild Big Horn Sheep and other animals. I loved the raging blue green waters and have hiked in to several lakes. I love it there. If you go you must try the huckleberries. Huckleberry anything is great! I was blessed growing up so close to the park. Whitefish is a wonderful little town below the park and there is also a great ski resort right there. Go if  you get the chance!

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 19 (1,093 Views)
I agree 100% I call it Heaven on Earth! Was just there for the first time in July 2017.
Conversationalist

Message 17 of 19 (1,064 Views)

I have no idea how to express what you'll see at Glacier Park,Google "Going to the Sun Road" in Glacier and look at the pictures,for the love of mountains there is no other place in USA that looks like this,it's breath taking at the least.Go there and see for your self,you will not regret it.Capture+_2017-08-09-11-22-39.png

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 19 (1,406 Views)

That is our favorite NP also, along with the Canadian side. Better get there soon. It's quite possible there will be no glaciers in the park in another 20 years.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Conversationalist

Glacier national park

Message 19 of 19 (1,401 Views)

Glacier National Park is A place that I never get tried off.The Driving To The Sun Road is something you just can't forget.The scenery and animals you will see are unforgettable.