The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 81 of 113 (2,003 Views)

I want to go to a UFC ticket fight in my city (Las Vegas). The hard part is I could never afford seats close enough to see the fighters. 

Gold Conversationalist

Message 82 of 113 (2,023 Views)

I would love to take a trip to Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab Utah.  I've been donating to this no-kill shelter for several years and I would really love to visit there... and probably bring home a new furry friend!

Info Seeker

Message 83 of 113 (1,939 Views)

I've been fortunate to stay in all U.S. states including Hawaii and Alaska but I missed staying in Rhode Island and Delaware strangly enough. Looks like a trip east is in my future.   

Social Butterfly

Message 84 of 113 (1,947 Views)

One item on my bucket list:  Don't make a bucket list.  I've been a lot of places and I plan to visit a lot more, but there is nothing that I consider a "must see."

Conversationalist

Message 85 of 113 (1,971 Views)

If youm come to SD to see the Corn Place you should also go through the Black Hills. There is Mt. Rushmore , Custer State Park ( where you see buffalos roaming around) & so many more things to see.

Conversationalist

Message 86 of 113 (2,014 Views)

Now that I have turned 62, I immediately obtained my National Park Lifetime Senior Pass for $10.00.  This is a great deal as it allows me & 3 other car passengers into a National Park for free using my pass.  Otherwise it can be anywhere from $5 to $50 for admission per person depending on the park & time of year.  In addition, it helps to provide a further discount on the hotel/cabins and other activities within the national park.

For my travel bucket list, I plan to spend my retirement visiting all of the National Parks using my new Lifetime Senior Pass.  It should be amazing to see all of the different national parks in their splendor.  I am looking forward to the many hikes to see all of wonders within these national parks. 

Info Seeker

Message 87 of 113 (1,825 Views)

We enjoy long drives and own a German Shepherd who is a part of our family. We will take longer road trips visiting friends throughout the Southeast. The East, Florida and Gulf coasts come to mind. 

Conversationalist

Message 88 of 113 (1,823 Views)

Wow, must be nice!

Conversationalist

Message 89 of 113 (1,857 Views)

When my wife retires in two years we are planning on a river cruise through the French wine country followed by a stop off in Amsterdam to visit an old neighborhood friend.  We have been talking about that cruise for years.

Info Seeker

Message 90 of 113 (1,910 Views)

I live most of the year in Costa Rica and have been to Italy, India, Peru, So. Africa (with Cambodia/Thailand/VietNam coming up this fall). So my next bucket list is for U.S. sites: 

NYC-tower and memorial; Wyland walls from NY to Maine; Yellowstone; Idaho; San Antonio; Sedona; Corn Palace, SD; Yosemite; New Orleans; Portland, OR; St. Louis