When Does a Loved One Need Caregiving? Get Answers From AARP’s ‘Family Caregiving Online Series.’ Register Now

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 81 of 115

I don't travel anymore.  I hitchhiked a couple of years in Washington state and Oregon.  Went on a college tour of the UK in '74 for a month.  

I keep my eye out for an occasional bus tour somewhere but haven't been anywhere for a couple of years.

Report Inappropriate Content
Gold Conversationalist

Message 82 of 115
I used to get Best Friends newsletter. Terrific place.
Info Seeker

Message 83 of 115

I want to go to a UFC ticket fight in my city (Las Vegas). The hard part is I could never afford seats close enough to see the fighters. 

Social Butterfly

Message 84 of 115

I would love to take a trip to Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab Utah.  I've been donating to this no-kill shelter for several years and I would really love to visit there... and probably bring home a new furry friend!

Info Seeker

Message 85 of 115

I've been fortunate to stay in all U.S. states including Hawaii and Alaska but I missed staying in Rhode Island and Delaware strangly enough. Looks like a trip east is in my future.   

Social Butterfly

Message 86 of 115

One item on my bucket list:  Don't make a bucket list.  I've been a lot of places and I plan to visit a lot more, but there is nothing that I consider a "must see."

Conversationalist

Message 87 of 115

If youm come to SD to see the Corn Place you should also go through the Black Hills. There is Mt. Rushmore , Custer State Park ( where you see buffalos roaming around) & so many more things to see.

Conversationalist

Message 88 of 115

Now that I have turned 62, I immediately obtained my National Park Lifetime Senior Pass for $10.00.  This is a great deal as it allows me & 3 other car passengers into a National Park for free using my pass.  Otherwise it can be anywhere from $5 to $50 for admission per person depending on the park & time of year.  In addition, it helps to provide a further discount on the hotel/cabins and other activities within the national park.

For my travel bucket list, I plan to spend my retirement visiting all of the National Parks using my new Lifetime Senior Pass.  It should be amazing to see all of the different national parks in their splendor.  I am looking forward to the many hikes to see all of wonders within these national parks. 

Info Seeker

Message 89 of 115

We enjoy long drives and own a German Shepherd who is a part of our family. We will take longer road trips visiting friends throughout the Southeast. The East, Florida and Gulf coasts come to mind. 

Conversationalist

Message 90 of 115

Wow, must be nice!