Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list? To see New York in all of its glory!

Message 71 of 113 (1,958 Views)

I've always wanted to go to Sweden, and since I have an author friend in Stockholm I should make plans. I've also wanted to go on a safari in Africa and ride an elephant in India. I'd also like to go on a yoga retreat in Tibet.

My biggest travel bucket list item - to finish seeing the remainder of America. Only 16 more states to go, and just one not on the mainland.

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 72 of 113 (1,963 Views)
Well, I live in Kanab and all I can say is come visit. Kanab is a beautiful place.
Best Friends Sanctuary is welcoming and a true sanctuary for people as well as animals.
Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list? To see New York in all of its glory!

Message 73 of 113 (1,938 Views)

AARPLynne wrote:

Travel is the top aspirational activity for people 50-plus according to research conducted by AARP and according to analysis of U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data. The new AARP Travel Bucket List survey found that 37% of Boomers have a travel bucket list. Of the 8 destinations on their travel bucket lists, half are domestic including Hawaii, Alaska, California, and Arizona.

What's on your travel bucket list?

Can't decide? Check out aarp.org/travelbucketlist for our U.S. Bucket List Places!

New York & in all of its glory! See everything that it has to offer.

Info Seeker

Message 74 of 113 (1,935 Views)

Lot's of places to go.  Never been south of the equator.  Chile, Argentina, Patagonia appears to be dramatic, Costa Rica is diverse and fascinating. Tanzania for a Safari.  Australia, New Zealand, perhaps Tahiti or Fiji Island. 

Do I have a  Bucket list? No point to that unless you expect to pass on when you complete it.  I'd like to visit some places more than once.   

Conversationalist

Message 75 of 113 (1,938 Views)

Penny, if you do go I recommend that you make visits to Kinsale, a small Irish town on the coast and just southwest of Cork and Galway in northwest Ireland.  They are my two favorite places in west Ireland.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 76 of 113 (1,907 Views)

Ireland.  I first decided I wanted to go to Ireland because of the first trilogy I read by Nora Roberts set in Ireland.  Subsequent books have only reinforced that desire, including the "In Death" books written under her alias, JD Robb.  I do have Irish ancestors so that adds extra incentive.  Plus, it's just a beautiful place!

Conversationalist

Message 77 of 113 (2,194 Views)

Iceland fer the geology&fishing,Solingen,Germany too view the cutlery industry there,hike thru   northern Idaho or Washington into coastal British Columbia into coastal Alaska[armed against bears- Canadian gun laws STINK];fish for door sized halibut in AK and Humboldt squid off the Pacific Northwest;get a rug sized brown bear with a modern handgun or traditional flinltlock rifle,hunt wild boar with hunting sword,spear or flintlock pistol,fish&hunt off Patagonia;visit the memorial/wreck of the Graf Spee off Uruguay;sail off/through Cape Horn,sail a Viking style sailing vessel from Scandania into North America[e.g.the St.Lawrence River into the Great Lakes or Hudson Bay, re-create the Lewis&Clark expedition[I've already got the cutlery/ muzzle-loaders/cook pots.I eat meat,paracute  at age 66, get in a float plane.

How's that for a bucket list?

Info Seeker

Message 78 of 113 (2,037 Views)

My goal is to visit all 50 states. I have been to 36 so far.  Will probably have to wait for retirement to see the rest.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 79 of 113 (1,945 Views)

I don't travel anymore.  I hitchhiked a couple of years in Washington state and Oregon.  Went on a college tour of the UK in '74 for a month.  

I keep my eye out for an occasional bus tour somewhere but haven't been anywhere for a couple of years.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 80 of 113 (1,836 Views)
I used to get Best Friends newsletter. Terrific place.