Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list? To see New York in all of its glory!

Message 61 of 106 (2,915 Views)

Antarctica, Mongolia, Iran, the Asian "stans". Syria and Libya are off the table.

In the last three years, I visited some on the list: North Korea, New Zealand, Australia, the Ukrane and Malta.

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 62 of 106 (1,618 Views)

Some of the best destinations are right here in the U.S. such as the Grand Canyon, or Disneyworld at Epcot Center in Florida. My personal bucket list includes Hawaii and Israel. I wrote about it a while back on my own blog at Stuff For Baby Boomers.

https://stuffforbabyboomers.com/bucket-list-destinations

There's also a link there to a Huffington post article that lists 17 gorgeous places, some of them, I would  never have even thought of such as Guatemala or Samoa.

I've already visited some of the places on my list when I was younger, but would love to see again. Don't know if I'll ever get back a second time, but one can dream!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 63 of 106 (1,666 Views)

I had 5 places on my map when I was a little kid and have gone to 3 of them so the other 2  are almost impossible but, yet, I am willing to wait till it's my turn.  One of the places is Russia.  The people look so inviting and intriguing.  They must be wary of us but it's the magic of the place that draws me to it.

the 2nd one is Mars.  I have studied it so much, it seems that it's a sister planet to us, even though it once got hit by a huge meteorite.  It's so barren and forbidding but it draws me to it as well.  I believe that if anyone is there, it would be deep underground because the dust storms are worse than ours.  The heat would drive you mad, I'm sure but nonetheless, it probably had rivers at one time, till it got badly injured.  Plus, if they did go underground someone would have to man it and then you get to meet a truly remarkable individual, who can teach you about all the wonders of his homeland.

I would add a new one- Yes, Tibet, to visit all the monks who live way up in the clouds.  Their visions must be off the wall.  I love the chanting and the bell ringing, it's a calming effect.  It would be a fantastic voyage!!!

Info Seeker

Message 64 of 106 (1,665 Views)

I've always wanted to go to Sweden, and since I have an author friend in Stockholm I should make plans. I've also wanted to go on a safari in Africa and ride an elephant in India. I'd also like to go on a yoga retreat in Tibet.

My biggest travel bucket list item - to finish seeing the remainder of America. Only 16 more states to go, and just one not on the mainland.

Info Seeker

Message 65 of 106 (1,663 Views)
Well, I live in Kanab and all I can say is come visit. Kanab is a beautiful place.
Best Friends Sanctuary is welcoming and a true sanctuary for people as well as animals.
Info Seeker

Message 66 of 106 (1,638 Views)

AARPLynne wrote:

Travel is the top aspirational activity for people 50-plus according to research conducted by AARP and according to analysis of U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data. The new AARP Travel Bucket List survey found that 37% of Boomers have a travel bucket list. Of the 8 destinations on their travel bucket lists, half are domestic including Hawaii, Alaska, California, and Arizona.

What's on your travel bucket list?

Can't decide? Check out aarp.org/travelbucketlist for our U.S. Bucket List Places!

New York & in all of its glory! See everything that it has to offer.

Info Seeker

Message 67 of 106 (1,635 Views)

Lot's of places to go.  Never been south of the equator.  Chile, Argentina, Patagonia appears to be dramatic, Costa Rica is diverse and fascinating. Tanzania for a Safari.  Australia, New Zealand, perhaps Tahiti or Fiji Island. 

Do I have a  Bucket list? No point to that unless you expect to pass on when you complete it.  I'd like to visit some places more than once.   

Conversationalist

Message 68 of 106 (1,638 Views)

Penny, if you do go I recommend that you make visits to Kinsale, a small Irish town on the coast and just southwest of Cork and Galway in northwest Ireland.  They are my two favorite places in west Ireland.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 69 of 106 (1,607 Views)

Ireland.  I first decided I wanted to go to Ireland because of the first trilogy I read by Nora Roberts set in Ireland.  Subsequent books have only reinforced that desire, including the "In Death" books written under her alias, JD Robb.  I do have Irish ancestors so that adds extra incentive.  Plus, it's just a beautiful place!

Conversationalist

Message 70 of 106 (1,894 Views)

Iceland fer the geology&fishing,Solingen,Germany too view the cutlery industry there,hike thru   northern Idaho or Washington into coastal British Columbia into coastal Alaska[armed against bears- Canadian gun laws STINK];fish for door sized halibut in AK and Humboldt squid off the Pacific Northwest;get a rug sized brown bear with a modern handgun or traditional flinltlock rifle,hunt wild boar with hunting sword,spear or flintlock pistol,fish&hunt off Patagonia;visit the memorial/wreck of the Graf Spee off Uruguay;sail off/through Cape Horn,sail a Viking style sailing vessel from Scandania into North America[e.g.the St.Lawrence River into the Great Lakes or Hudson Bay, re-create the Lewis&Clark expedition[I've already got the cutlery/ muzzle-loaders/cook pots.I eat meat,paracute  at age 66, get in a float plane.

How's that for a bucket list?