Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Conversationalist

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

[ Edited ]
Message 61 of 113 (2,867 Views)

I'D ALSO CONSIDER TRAVELING THE "NnORTHWEST PASSAGE"i.e.THE NORTHERN PASSAGE BETWEEN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN AND THE ACTIC/PACIFIC OCEANS.

I have some real concerns about the development of that region,as well as foreign marine organisms trnsiting from the Atlantiic to Pacific oceans[..like the lion fish going from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribean/Atlantic ocean-where it's a real pest sans natural predators.

The same also applies to:snake heads,iguanas,burmese pythons,jumping carp, zebra mussels,gobies.

My priority right now is to get out of this Marxist paradise of New York State ASAP.

The only concern that I'd have is whether the Gulf Stream would be effected...if so :northeastern US and western Europe will have a Siberian cliimate.

Who else wants to drop off the grid with me i.e.relocate to ruralSmiley FrustratedE coastal AK,ID,eastern WA, ID,OR,WY,UT,MT,ND,MO,AR,east TN,TX,western NC.?

I'm glad I escaped he Bronx in'73,too bad I didn't also escape New York State at the same time.

Felt like 8*F this AM in 14471.

Watch yore topknots folks

PS We had a rifle club at the Bronx High School of Science until 1968

Info Seeker

Message 62 of 113 (2,874 Views)
Good for you. I also am going to Alaska by myself. Can't wait. Looking forward to more travels as I am a people person and have no problems meeting anyone. BTW, I am 64.
Info Seeker

Message 63 of 113 (3,025 Views)

OMG! Solo traveling is the best! You can do what you want when you want. I have gone to Santa Fe, Moab (UT), traveled along the Blue Ridge Pkwy to Asheville, NC and the Smoky Mountains. I've taken a cruise to Alaska and although the scenery was beautiful, I honestly had the most fun on the ship, meeting new people at dinner every night. Went to France for 2 weeks in 2015 with 2 "friends" from work and that trip was horrible for me. (We are no longer friends because of it.) So by all means, go it alone! The only downside is having to pay the "single supplement", but sometimes it's worth it. BTW, I am 63!

Info Seeker

Message 64 of 113 (2,967 Views)

I went here in November 2016 by myself  and had a great time. The staff was so friendly and I met a lot of nice people from all over. I wish they had side trips though; I would have loved to go to Tombstone.

Info Seeker

Message 65 of 113 (2,936 Views)

Hi Karl,

Actually, that's pretty good.  I am more of a warm weather girl: Greek Islands, Italy, Morocco, Barcelona.  SInce I am still working (not retired yet), I can dream!

Hope you make it to those places...I am free in the summers (education) if you are looking for  a travel partner and I do have a humble abode near the coast of NC.

Sonia

Conversationalist

Message 66 of 113 (2,954 Views)

YES,BUT I WANT TO PERMANENTLY RELOCATE TO:ID,SE coastal AK,eastern WA,OR,WY,UT,MT,MO,TN,NC-and-"drop off the grid".Do a "walden type" existence.

What good Protestant woman wants to join me?RSVP !

Off shore,I'd like to visit Iceland[for the vulcanism],Solingen,Germany [for the knife works], Patagonia [for hunting/fishing/sailing],do a viking style sail from Scandinavia to North America.

How's that?

Karl Bechler 585/367-2399, refuge0417@gmail.com  western Finger Lakes of NY

Info Seeker

Message 67 of 113 (3,017 Views)
Don't wait for retirement, make the time now.
ASM
Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list? To see New York in all of its glory!

Message 68 of 113 (3,208 Views)

Antarctica, Mongolia, Iran, the Asian "stans". Syria and Libya are off the table.

In the last three years, I visited some on the list: North Korea, New Zealand, Australia, the Ukrane and Malta.

Info Seeker

Message 69 of 113 (1,911 Views)

Some of the best destinations are right here in the U.S. such as the Grand Canyon, or Disneyworld at Epcot Center in Florida. My personal bucket list includes Hawaii and Israel. I wrote about it a while back on my own blog at Stuff For Baby Boomers.

https://stuffforbabyboomers.com/bucket-list-destinations

There's also a link there to a Huffington post article that lists 17 gorgeous places, some of them, I would  never have even thought of such as Guatemala or Samoa.

I've already visited some of the places on my list when I was younger, but would love to see again. Don't know if I'll ever get back a second time, but one can dream!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 70 of 113 (1,959 Views)

I had 5 places on my map when I was a little kid and have gone to 3 of them so the other 2  are almost impossible but, yet, I am willing to wait till it's my turn.  One of the places is Russia.  The people look so inviting and intriguing.  They must be wary of us but it's the magic of the place that draws me to it.

the 2nd one is Mars.  I have studied it so much, it seems that it's a sister planet to us, even though it once got hit by a huge meteorite.  It's so barren and forbidding but it draws me to it as well.  I believe that if anyone is there, it would be deep underground because the dust storms are worse than ours.  The heat would drive you mad, I'm sure but nonetheless, it probably had rivers at one time, till it got badly injured.  Plus, if they did go underground someone would have to man it and then you get to meet a truly remarkable individual, who can teach you about all the wonders of his homeland.

I would add a new one- Yes, Tibet, to visit all the monks who live way up in the clouds.  Their visions must be off the wall.  I love the chanting and the bell ringing, it's a calming effect.  It would be a fantastic voyage!!!