Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Conversationalist

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 51 of 113 (3,209 Views)

Oh Goodness. That happened to me too but it was a trip of the British Isles. Like you I would much rather travel solo.

Unica1 wrote:
I also traveled with a friend years ago to Italy and when we returned to the states we never spoke again. That is why I would rather travel by myself or with my spouse.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 52 of 113 (3,188 Views)

On my bucket list for a long time has been traveling to Greece and the Greek Islands.  My husband and I will be doing exactly that shortly as I travel to Italy and take a cruise to Croatia, Montenegro, Athens, and several Greek Islands.

I love to travel and meeting new people. Cruises are great because you are able to cover many places besides the fact one is able to meet different people on the cruise.

Nelida Mejia
Gold Conversationalist

Message 53 of 113 (3,126 Views)
I also traveled with a friend years ago to Italy and when we returned to the states we never spoke again. That is why I would rather travel by myself or with my spouse.
Nelida Mejia
Conversationalist

Message 54 of 113 (3,176 Views)

I -think-I'd be more open to train travel,if it were to go from western NY -directly- to coastal AK.Would be a bit more room, and perhaps ,more rural/wild scenery?? I'm seriously considering SE coastal AK[Hanes to Juneau,etc.] for permanent relocation if I could afford it?? i.e.a few acres with water access and butting onto federal/state land/sea coast. Hopefully about the tsunami line !

Conversationalist

Message 55 of 113 (3,198 Views)

's no time like the present to resume shooting.

Are you left or right handed?

I'm a NRA Rifle/handgun instructor.I shot right handed until my eyesight worsened,now I madatorily shoot left handed.

I actually started shootiong at age 13 when the Bronx YMCA had permission to shoot at the US Maritine Academy range under the Throogs Necvk Bridge.

Those days[and at'Science] we were using Mossberg model 144 target rifles.

I'm hnow using a Savage left ahnd target rifle,also doubles as a quiet varmint shiper for my garden and orchard.

Conversationalist

Message 56 of 113 (2,965 Views)

UI'd be more inclined to points north of the Alps/Pyrenees and west of the Elber river."mittel /nord Europa". As noted western North Carolina is an area I'd consider permanetally relocating to.Much as I like the sea,areas by water=more expensive plus get zapped by hurricanes. What type of education arer you involved in?

Karl

Conversationalist

Message 57 of 113 (2,797 Views)
So would I mg91626868, I think of it all the time. There are places I haven't even been to in the city where I live.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 58 of 113 (2,428 Views)

Would be open to a bus tour somewhere.  I like traveling by bus.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 59 of 113 (3,371 Views)

"...Who else wants to drop off the grid with me i.e.relocate to... AK,ID,eastern WA, ID,OR,WY,UT,MT,ND,MO,AR,east TN,TX,western NC.?...".

I'd love to move to eastern Washington state. Won't happen --- too much family in Chicago area.

"....PS We had a rifle club at the Bronx High School of Science until 1968...".

Interesting. We had a rifle club at our high school. The range was set up for ROTC beforfe WWII (old high school). We used old bolt-action 22's. Had a lot of fun doing target shooting in high school. Haven't seen a gun since.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Info Seeker

Message 60 of 113 (3,395 Views)

I went to Alaska Sept 2016. It was a wonderful experience.