The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 41 of 113 (1,559 Views)

I have already visited all 50 states and over 60 countries in 5 continents.  I would like to visit the final two continents: Australia and Antarctica.

My favorites so far:  Israel (3 visits), Kenya (photo safari), Orient Express from London to Venice, Ireland, Hong Kong.

Info Seeker

Message 42 of 113 (1,571 Views)

I want to visit as many National Parks, National Monuments, National Historic Parks, National Lakeshores, National Wild and Scenic Rivers that I can before I am too old and decrepit.  I have hiked in 35 parks so far plus monuments, historic parks, lakeshores and kayaked several wild rivers.  I am 64 now and hope to retire at 65 and have plenty of time to add to the list.  I will prioritize those that are in the crosshairs of the current administration before they are handed over to the mineral extraction industry.

Info Seeker

Message 43 of 113 (1,611 Views)

Yes...The India Golden Triangle. Tokyo Japan with my daughter. Carnival in Trinidad. Carnival in Brazil.  These are a few...oh oh...I can't forget.... driving a race car!!!  Oh yeah!!!!

Conversationalist

Message 44 of 113 (1,587 Views)

Absolutely!!  I love cruises, we have been on seven so far, the last one was Hawaii last year.  Planning more, Alaska, European river cruises...

Conversationalist

Message 45 of 113 (1,552 Views)

I have 40 items on my bucket list, I have done 8 (Hawaii, Grand Canyon, Transatlantic cruise, etc.) and I am sad that perhaps I may not be able to do some because of the state of the world today.  I would worry about going to Egypt to see the last remaining 7 Wonders of the World, the Pyramids.  I would be afraid to go to Jordan to see the city of Petra, a new 7 Wonder of the modern world.  And, of course, there are some I fear I will not be physically able to do such as Yucatan Cave Diving (have to work on my bucket list item of "diving" first).  But I hope, and will work on the more achievable ones first, like visiting Macchu Pichu or Easter Island.  After all, I have time, and that's why they call it a "bucket" list!

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 46 of 113 (1,813 Views)

The Grand Canyon and Yellowstone for some fly fishing.

Info Seeker

Message 47 of 113 (1,884 Views)

Visiting 1+ cities all 50 states. Seeing or trying new things.

Info Seeker

Message 48 of 113 (2,248 Views)

My Bucket List trip is Route 66 with Natalie Cole sing the song!

Info Seeker

Message 49 of 113 (2,718 Views)

First on my list was visiting Italy - completed many times now.

Second is going down the Nile - completed

Third is backpacking the Appalachian Trail - in progress

Fourth - visiting all 50 states - 45 completed lived in 17. Hopefully will complete this year. I am still trying to figure out how to swim to Hawaii.

Paul Shultz
Info Seeker

Message 50 of 113 (2,650 Views)

Time for AARP to realize that not all their members are boomers anymore! Those of us who are on the leading edge of GenX are starting to prepare for retirement now too. Is AARP ready for us?

I don't have a bucket list yet because my wife and I just took our first vacation in 25 years! But I'm starting one.