The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 31 of 113 (1,400 Views)
how many days on the Orient Express, did you have time to explore thru any of the countries; you traveled through?
Info Seeker

Message 32 of 113 (1,367 Views)
Do you mind giving details on Orient Express, from London to Venice. How many days, did you have any time to explore thru the countries you traveled through?
Info Seeker

Message 33 of 113 (1,383 Views)

When you visit New Mexico you will want to visit Tent Rocks it is about 20 miles south of Santa Fe on route 25. Of course Santa Fe is a must visit and Albuquerque is great also. Both cities are wonderful and enchanting. Old Town in ABQ is a favorite of mine, always something going on. There is a walking path beside the Rio Grande that is peaceful and serene. Don't miss the petroglyphs monument , an easy hike.  Sky city, Acoma is worth the trip. One of my best memories is Truth or Consequence a tiny southern town with wonderful hot springs. You can enjoy a massage and soak at a very reasonable price. In the northern section there is Georgia O'Keefe's Abiquiu and Chimayo is on the way. Bandalier National Park has a great full moon walk. You need to call for reservations. The park is worth a trip during the daytime to visit the kiva.

Info Seeker

Message 34 of 113 (1,363 Views)

Haven't been to New Mexico since I was a child.  Any advice on the best areas to explore please?  Thanks!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 35 of 113 (1,401 Views)

Russia was OK post Soviet Union and pre Putin. Don't waste your time or give them your money now.

Info Seeker

Message 36 of 113 (1,367 Views)

Greetings 

I also have Machu Piccu, Africa and  Galapagos on my bucket list.  I just booked a hiking tour in Cinque Terre to celebrate my 70th birthday.  Enjoy your journey. 

Info Seeker

Message 37 of 113 (1,507 Views)

Argentina 

Thailand 

Japan

Morocco 

Info Seeker

Message 38 of 113 (1,500 Views)

Don't rule out Hawaii. While my wife and I have travelled to many great National Parks and resort areas on the mainland, we just returned from our 11th trip to Hawaii. It is truly a magical paradise.

Info Seeker

Message 39 of 113 (1,545 Views)

Yes! Machu Piccu, Galapagos, Egypt, Greek Isalands, Bucharest and Africa. I travel often and sometimes want to return in a different season. I also like staying in one area for a week or so, but it does limit my "count". I prefer quality of visit over quantity of places, so take it slow. I have been to over 29 countries and all 50 states. I was fortunate to live in Hawaii for 5 years which was a great jumping off point not only to outer islands but to Guam, Phillipines, Japan, Maylaysia, Fiji, Tahiti...

My parents gave me the travel bug!

Info Seeker

Message 40 of 113 (1,499 Views)

Have been to 9 of the ten in this bucket list, but doubt I will ever get to Hawaii. This country we live in is so diverse and beautiful. I want to explore more.