Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 21 of 106 (1,725 Views)
Oh, thank you so much. I am sure things have changed a lot since 1994. It will be a dream of a lifetime.
Info Seeker

Message 22 of 106 (1,642 Views)

Inside US: CA-Coast to Coast train ride, Tenn-Nashville, Gatlinburg, Kentucky-Owenboro-Bluegrass, So. Dakota-Mt Rushmore, wind cave, Wyoming-Yellowstone Park, Ft Phil Kerney, Missouri-Branson, Arizona-Grand Canyon Overnight, New York-Live Broadway Show, Florida-St. Augustine-Drakes raid on city, Penn-Renn faire with castle,US Virgin Islands, St. Johns-Trunk Beach (one of top 10 in world)

Outside US: England-Tudor Noble Houses, Camden Market, London, Scotland- Hadrians Wall, Edinburgh, west coast scotch distilleries, Ireland-Waterford, west coast wiskey distilleries, Italy-Naples (pasta), Rome, Germany-Berlin, Russia-Red Square, Lenin's Tomb, Thailand-Hong Kong, Kowloon, Chaing Rai, elephant ride, Mekong Delta, China-Xi'an-Hidden City, Simatai'te-Great Wall, India- Delhi, Agri, Udaiur (Vence of India), Austrailia-Cape Tribulation, Sydney,Uluru (Alice Springs) Carribean Islands-ABC, St Lucia, Morrocco-Marrakesh, Casablanca

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 106 (1,073 Views)

We took the Orient Express from London to Venice some 25 years ago (before the opening of the chunnel in 1994).  Things have changed since that time as you now stay in the same train as opposed to having to take a hovercraft from the English train to the Continental train.  The trip takes 2 days (one overnight on the train).  You can break the trip up into two parts by disembarking in Paris then catching a later train to Venice.  The scenery is spectacular, but you won't have time to do much sightseeing on your own during the trip.  When we went we stayed an additional 3 days in Venice. You can check out the Orient Express website: https://www.belmond.com/venice-simplon-orient-express.

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 106 (1,068 Views)
how many days on the Orient Express, did you have time to explore thru any of the countries; you traveled through?
Info Seeker

Message 25 of 106 (1,039 Views)
Do you mind giving details on Orient Express, from London to Venice. How many days, did you have any time to explore thru the countries you traveled through?
Info Seeker

Message 26 of 106 (1,055 Views)

When you visit New Mexico you will want to visit Tent Rocks it is about 20 miles south of Santa Fe on route 25. Of course Santa Fe is a must visit and Albuquerque is great also. Both cities are wonderful and enchanting. Old Town in ABQ is a favorite of mine, always something going on. There is a walking path beside the Rio Grande that is peaceful and serene. Don't miss the petroglyphs monument , an easy hike.  Sky city, Acoma is worth the trip. One of my best memories is Truth or Consequence a tiny southern town with wonderful hot springs. You can enjoy a massage and soak at a very reasonable price. In the northern section there is Georgia O'Keefe's Abiquiu and Chimayo is on the way. Bandalier National Park has a great full moon walk. You need to call for reservations. The park is worth a trip during the daytime to visit the kiva.

Info Seeker

Message 27 of 106 (1,034 Views)

Haven't been to New Mexico since I was a child.  Any advice on the best areas to explore please?  Thanks!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 28 of 106 (1,071 Views)

Russia was OK post Soviet Union and pre Putin. Don't waste your time or give them your money now.

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 106 (1,037 Views)

Greetings 

I also have Machu Piccu, Africa and  Galapagos on my bucket list.  I just booked a hiking tour in Cinque Terre to celebrate my 70th birthday.  Enjoy your journey. 

Info Seeker

Message 30 of 106 (1,177 Views)

Argentina 

Thailand 

Japan

Morocco