Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 91 of 114

I live most of the year in Costa Rica and have been to Italy, India, Peru, So. Africa (with Cambodia/Thailand/VietNam coming up this fall). So my next bucket list is for U.S. sites: 

NYC-tower and memorial; Wyland walls from NY to Maine; Yellowstone; Idaho; San Antonio; Sedona; Corn Palace, SD; Yosemite; New Orleans; Portland, OR; St. Louis

Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 92 of 114
Hi Nerdy Mom (Gold Conversationalist)
Bermuda is not that big but a very friendly island, wish I could have stayed longer. Bought city bus pass for $20 which is also good for ferry to Hamilton or St. George - never made it to St. George.

The Grand Canyon also on my list but opted to tour Hoover Dam instead mainly due to time restrictions making sure we were back in time to catch our flight - Going to the Grand Canyon would have taken an entire day's tour leaving from Las Vegas, simply not enough time to do both.

Chicago was interesting, I recommend you buy subway pass in advance (VERY INEXPENSIVE AND EASY TO DO)- we got off the plane and subway at Ohaire airport takes you directly downtown, if that is where you will stay near the touristy things of interest.

I recently crossed St. Augustine off the list; spent the day in historic area, had a great time could walk to everything with starting point Fountain of Youth - parking not so great though
Info Seeker

Message 93 of 114

My list is the Panama Canal/Costa Rica, Cuba, South Africa and Toronto. I'm sure there is more to be added to my list.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 94 of 114

Scotland/Iceland

Some sort of whale watching in Canada

Grand Canyon

Bermuda

Going to Ithaca this summer.  Have never been to upstate NY other than to drive through on the way to Canada.  Looking forward to the finger lakes and water falls.   Smiley Happy 

And at some point, back to St. Augustine, San Francisco, Chicago with my son.  

Conversationalist

Message 95 of 114

I started on my travel bucket list two years ago and have loved every minute of my travels so far, most of the bucket list includes travel desinations in the US visiting states of interest as well as Canada, Carribean Islands and Cuba.  I have completed 95 percent of the list with only Cuba and visting Canada again remaining. One of my favorite dsestinations was Bermuda least favorite were the smaller Bahama islands.      

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 96 of 114

"....susanktonner wrote:

I've lived in London and would heartily suggest that you spend a few days in London, travel to the Cotswalds (beautiful, beautiful, beautiful), Wales, Dublin and coast of Ireland....".

I travel to the UK every year. In England, I would add the Lake District along with the Cotswolds. That's my personal fave area of England. 

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Info Seeker

Message 97 of 114

If you're a real buckaroo, check out Tanque Verde Ranch in Tucson.  This dude ranch is located in the midst of the gorgeous Sonoran Desert and offers Desert hikes, horseback riding, cookouts (excellent food both at the cookout and in their dining room), swimming/tanning, etc.  The staff is very solicitous and you'll be happy riding or just sitting watching the horses in the corral.

Info Seeker

Message 98 of 114

I've lived in London and would heartily suggest that you spend a few days in London, travel to the Cotswalds (beautiful, beautiful, beautiful), Wales, Dublin and coast of Ireland.

Info Seeker

Message 99 of 114

Provence, always Provence, first and foremost!  And, Luxor/Upper Egypt and Sharm al Sheikh., As with the preceding three, the Amalfi Coast is always on the list.  I've been to all of these locations many times but they will always head my bucket list no matter how often I'm lucky enough to be in these spots.

Info Seeker

Message 100 of 114

New York to visit the Statue of Liberty, Augusta, GA to watch the Masters, play Pebble Beach, play St. Andrews