AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 11 of 102 (1,760 Views)
I'm a senior citizen female. I'm thinking about taking a trip to Tahiti. Any advice on where a solo person should stay?
Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 12 of 102 (1,773 Views)

Thanks for your input.  I have been doing outside the US traveling only for about 5 years now. Have got to Eastern Europe as well as Spain, France, Greece, Germany, and Kenya. Absolutely loved Kenya: two safari trips a day(am & pm) for 14 of 21 days in country I ended up with 598 pictutres I wanted to keep on this trip - attached is my favorite "I call it  "Sunset Glow"  - Of all my trip pictures to be honest.Sunset at 6:30 pm in Maasi Mara Jul 15, 2013Sunset at 6:30 pm in Maasi Mara Jul 15, 2013

Conversationalist

Message 13 of 102 (1,657 Views)

Pattie710

I have been on only 6 river boat cruises so far.  Two on the Mississippi on the American Queen paddle wheels. 3 with Uniworld. Christmas Market in Germany, Tulips & Windmills in Holland & Yangtze in China.  I truly loved them all so much & would recommend any.  Last one was on Irrawaddy River in Myanmar with Vantage.  And that is my absolute favorite & would love to redo that one.  And I have travelled solo on each one but solo definately does not mean alone. Theboats ofcourse are much smaller that the ocean going voyages & very different.  I have done my fair share of the also but liked Alaska & Canada the most.  

Plus I have also travelled all over the world as a solo (but never alone). Any more I can help you with please get in touch.Oh yes.  I am a senior citizen-female.

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 102 (1,666 Views)
I have always wanted to do a riverboat vacation. Which one did you use and was it worth it?
Conversationalist

Message 15 of 102 (1,731 Views)
I always travel alone or in a group. Go-you won't be sorry
Conversationalist

Message 16 of 102 (1,724 Views)
You have a wonderful bucket list & know exactly what you want to see. I have been to most of the places on your international list & loved them all. My favorite are Myanmar & Viet Nam (up to now anyway). My sister & I took the Amtrak CA. to Louisiana then got on one of the riverboats. I travel mostly alone or with a group.
I so hope you are successful in covering all your choices. The world is a beautiful place as are most of the people.
Info Seeker

Message 17 of 102 (1,260 Views)
Oh, thank you so much. I am sure things have changed a lot since 1994. It will be a dream of a lifetime.
Info Seeker

Message 18 of 102 (1,180 Views)

Inside US: CA-Coast to Coast train ride, Tenn-Nashville, Gatlinburg, Kentucky-Owenboro-Bluegrass, So. Dakota-Mt Rushmore, wind cave, Wyoming-Yellowstone Park, Ft Phil Kerney, Missouri-Branson, Arizona-Grand Canyon Overnight, New York-Live Broadway Show, Florida-St. Augustine-Drakes raid on city, Penn-Renn faire with castle,US Virgin Islands, St. Johns-Trunk Beach (one of top 10 in world)

Outside US: England-Tudor Noble Houses, Camden Market, London, Scotland- Hadrians Wall, Edinburgh, west coast scotch distilleries, Ireland-Waterford, west coast wiskey distilleries, Italy-Naples (pasta), Rome, Germany-Berlin, Russia-Red Square, Lenin's Tomb, Thailand-Hong Kong, Kowloon, Chaing Rai, elephant ride, Mekong Delta, China-Xi'an-Hidden City, Simatai'te-Great Wall, India- Delhi, Agri, Udaiur (Vence of India), Austrailia-Cape Tribulation, Sydney,Uluru (Alice Springs) Carribean Islands-ABC, St Lucia, Morrocco-Marrakesh, Casablanca

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 102 (625 Views)

We took the Orient Express from London to Venice some 25 years ago (before the opening of the chunnel in 1994).  Things have changed since that time as you now stay in the same train as opposed to having to take a hovercraft from the English train to the Continental train.  The trip takes 2 days (one overnight on the train).  You can break the trip up into two parts by disembarking in Paris then catching a later train to Venice.  The scenery is spectacular, but you won't have time to do much sightseeing on your own during the trip.  When we went we stayed an additional 3 days in Venice. You can check out the Orient Express website: https://www.belmond.com/venice-simplon-orient-express.

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 102 (621 Views)
how many days on the Orient Express, did you have time to explore thru any of the countries; you traveled through?