Are You Ready for the Next Natural Disaster? AARP Live Can Help You Get Prepared Tonight at 10 p.m. Watch here

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have a travel bucket list?

Message 1 of 106 (726 Views)

Yes i do i went to london and paris in may.The next place i want to go next year is italy

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 106 (1,355 Views)

Top of my bucket

AARPLynne wrote:

Travel is the top aspirational activity for people 50-plus according to research conducted by AARP and according to analysis of U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data. The new AARP Travel Bucket List survey found that 37% of Boomers have a travel bucket list. Of the 8 destinations on their travel bucket lists, half are domestic including Hawaii, Alaska, California, and Arizona.

What's on your travel bucket list?

Can't decide? Check out aarp.org/travelbucketlist for our U.S. Bucket List Places!

The top item on my bucket list is Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. However, that is taking a back seat to my DH's bucket list of a river cruise as we're going in December for a Christkindlmarkt cruise on the Danube: Budapest, Hungary, Bratislava, Slovakia, Vienna, Austria, Krem and Strazburg, Austria and Passau, Germany are our stops.  Perhaps the Ireland trip next year, but looking forward to a trip to Nova Scotia and also Alaska. Husband likes the cruise idea where everything is planned and included.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 106 (1,676 Views)

Belize is a big city with lots of people, cars, and crime.  Take a quick flight or water taxi to one of the islands, you will be much happier, more relaxed and safe.
s588393b wrote:

I have so many places I want to visit and so I am planning to go to England, Ireland and Scotland 2020.  For 2018, I'm off to the Oktobert Fest in Munich.  Should be a blast.

Went to Alaska May 2017.  Going to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.  Swimming with the dolphins in October 2017.  Can't wait.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 106 (1,678 Views)

Croatia is a beautiful country but try to spend sometime there and not just where the cruise lines go.  I went in 2015.  Food, people and architure is fabulous.

s588393b wrote:

I hear that Crotia is beautiful. A friend of mine went on a cruise and he stated that Crotia was the best port.  More and more people are going to Iceland.  I'll have to read up on the sightseeing opportunities.  I looked in to going to China.  It was a pretty good deal which included your flight.  The only thing I dislike is that they charge the solo travelers anywhere from $500 to $1,000 more because you're roomy by yourself.  Oh well, I will find some takers.  

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 106 (2,066 Views)

I hear that Crotia is beautiful. A friend of mine went on a cruise and he stated that Crotia was the best port.  More and more people are going to Iceland.  I'll have to read up on the sightseeing opportunities.  I looked in to going to China.  It was a pretty good deal which included your flight.  The only thing I dislike is that they charge the solo travelers anywhere from $500 to $1,000 more because you're roomy by yourself.  Oh well, I will find some takers.  

Conversationalist

Message 6 of 106 (2,077 Views)

Am planning to go to Alaska on a cruise-land tour next year.  I originally I was thinking either UK (again), France (again) or Germany (the well traveled Europe trifecta for most) but with all the nonsense involving attacks going on right now we have decided against for a while. 2019 probably Iceland or Croatia, maybe China.

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 106 (2,262 Views)

I have so many places I want to visit and so I am planning to go to England, Ireland and Scotland 2020.  For 2018, I'm off to the Oktobert Fest in Munich.  Should be a blast.

Went to Alaska May 2017.  Going to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.  Swimming with the dolphins in October 2017.  Can't wait.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 106 (2,265 Views)

I was able to cross offf Alaska which was on my bucket list.  Went in May 2017.  I would love to go to England, Ireland and Scotland.  It is my travel plans for 2020.

But for 2018, I am planning on going to the Oktober Fest in Munich.  I hear it is a blast and the beer flows.

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 106 (2,281 Views)
You MUST go! DH and I went to Scotland and England in June. We loved it! Train travel is the best. Trains go everywhere and are clean and comfortable. We are planning to go back for an extended stay and add Ireland this time.
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 106 (2,290 Views)

Yes! I do have a bucket list!! Travel to London, England!! and Ireland. I've dreamed about and it is going to happen I got my passport and ready to go! Plan is when spring or fall?