Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Would you consider the shingles vaccine?

Message 11 of 38

Most definitely.  I was vaccinated several years ago but definitely want the new vaccine.  My mother and my son had shingles.  I will do everything I can to keep from getting it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 38

I want to have the new shot.

AARPLynne wrote:

The FDA recently approved a [new] shingles vaccine. Would you consider being vaccinated for shingles?yrs

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 38

I was unable to get shingle vaccination, was not recommended for anyone who has had chemo. I received chemo treatment for non-hogdkins lymphoma which is in remission. Does the new vaccine adhere to the same warning? Would appreciate an answer.

Info Seeker

Message 14 of 38

Yes I would!

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 38
Yes I would. Thank you.
Info Seeker

Message 16 of 38

YES!!! I am so happy they lowered the age to 50, thank God! I am 53 and have several other chronic conditions so getting shingles on top of those would probably put me in my grave

Conversationalist

Message 17 of 38

Yes

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 38
 I would consider having another shingles shot. I have seen the outcome of what shingles can do. I believe I had a shot about 3 years ago.

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 38

My son is only 42 and has been diaginoused with shingles.  He gets it at least once a year for the last 3 years with no relief.  They say once you have had it, that the vaccine is no good....besides the fact that he is so young.  Is there anything in the works or system that can help him?  He has two young children and, of course, is still working.  He gets so miserable!  The only things my He has found that gives him so relief is to ice it.  And he has to be home to do that and it doesn’t last long.  As a mom, I would do anything to try and help him.

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 38

If a person has already had a case of shingles,  should they take the vaccine?