ACA Open Enrollment Ends Today. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Info Seeker

Re: What do you do for your menopause symptoms?

Message 21 of 28
Sorry to hear that my suggestion didn't work for you - I hadn't smoked pot since my 20's - Dr knew how much I suffered and for now 8 years I've had hot flashes - I'm in my late 50's just started smoking weeds this year - maybe that's why it worked for me - don't know - all I know is if I forget to smoke - I'm back to severe hot flashes and several of them - my Husband always says - did you smoke?
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 22 of 28

I'm passed this point, thank goodness, but knew I didn't want hormone replacement therapy (too risky), read 4 books by natural

paths - they all recommended don quai, soy and black cohosh, but in what amounts?

Well didn't go into it kicking and fighting, accepted it as part of nature (mindset) and started on a wonderful line of supplementation, basic vitamins and minerals. I breezed through menopause, one hot flash, no moodswings, continued to love life.  I feel my mindset and the supplements, allowing my body to work as it should and getting the nutrition it needed, made all the difference in my easing through this new stage of my life.  

Conversationalist

Message 23 of 28

I am a regular pot smoker.  It definitely helps with anxiety, but really does nothing for my hot flashes.  Smiley Surprised(

Info Seeker

Message 24 of 28
My doctor told me that a lot of patients told him that smoking weed or pot pills helped their hot flashes tremendously - so I tried it and it's just been unbelievable!! I went from 40 major hot flashes a day to some days NONE at all and at the very most 5 and they are much lighter and go away faster - incredible! Give it a try!
Conversationalist

Message 25 of 28

It is more what haven't I done to try to get rid of hot flashes!  I even went as far as to go on hormone therapy for a while, several years ago.  After about a year or two of that, and still having a few hot flashes a day, I decided to stop that.  I was sure if I lost weight it would help, and I am now down to a healthy weight (lost 55 pounds), and still have hot flashes!  I mainly get them when I get stressed, drink any alcohol, or eat hot foods, which is an improvement over having them constantly for no reason at all, but still!. I have tried all the usual herbal remedies and even black liquorice (which I hate!), and nothing has worked.  I have had it for about 12 years now, with no end in sight.  Ugh!

Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 28

Yes, I've found lots of things that help with my weight gain. In fact, pretty much everything I do helps me to gain weight Smiley Tongue

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 28

I must have been very lucky not to experiencing any symptoms of menopause. And it's probably just as well, because any hormones I would have taken might have exacerbated the breast cancer I wound up with at 62!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Community Manager

What do you do for your menopause symptoms?

Message 28 of 28

Have you found things to help with sleep loss, hot flashes, weight gain?  Have you experienced any of or all of these symptoms?

AARPTeri