Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Regular Social Butterfly

Re: Does daylight saving time impact you?

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 6 (296 Views)

All of the below and then some...

I remember around the 3rd year a co-worker in Cali used DST as explanation for showing up late at work then leaving early later that year (lol).

NV has been considering going the way of Arizona and parts of HI; hope we do.

I know most of us seniors no longer have school-age kiddos or work in farming (which I believe was the reason it was originally created, then adopted in the US?)

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6 (309 Views)

I hate the time changing every 6 months. It causes sleep issues for me. I just wish that they would put it one way or the other, and leave it alone.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 6 (311 Views)

@AARPTeri - Technical question - Every once in a while, I get e-mail notification of one of my own posts (like my previous one here). I didn't think we were able to post without being logged in .. yet I posted before, and just realized I wasn't logged in!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 4 of 6 (312 Views)

I hate the short days of winter in general, and while I'll be happy that it will actually be light when I'm having breakfast .. I know I'll be be paying for that with darkness by late afternoon! I probably have some level of SAD, but it's one of those "it is what it is" things, and you've got to just live your normal life despite it.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Message 5 of 6 (327 Views)

Outside of roughly a billion timers and clocks that need adjustment, I don't know that the time change affects either DH or me.

He has SAD, so shorter days means he pulls out his sunlight lamp ... and that I drag him outside whenever the sun comes out. But that's another story altogether. Smiley Wink

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Highlighted
Community Manager

Does daylight saving time impact you?

Message 6 of 6 (335 Views)

Are you tired earlier?  Have less energy?  Or no problems at all.  Curious how the time change affects you.

AARPTeri