Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Do you take baby aspirin daily?

Message 31 of 32

@AARPTeri I'm having enough trouble acting my age: I don't need baby anything. LOL!

OK, getting serious: I did for a while while menopausal. My heart would practically beat my chest cavity to death, so while I was preparing the herbal remedy (motherwort tincture, which must be started at the height of the plant's bloom, and then requires a minimum of 6 weeks to brew) I took a baby aspirin nearly every day.

My heart's erratic beating would keep me up all night. Given that my father had heart problems, I was worried about dying in my sleep. The aspirin helped some, but the tincture removed the symptoms entirely. (Motherwort is actually good for your heart! See this from WebMD: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-126-MOTHERWORT.aspx)

I've been off even the motherwort now for 3 years. Yahoo! And the good news is that the doctor says I have a very strong heart and should not worry about ending up with Dad's issues. Fingers crossed.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Community Manager

Do you take baby aspirin daily?

Message 32 of 32

There are several reasons that people are told to take baby aspirin every day, do you take it?  Why?

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content