Free Caregiving Webinar: Managing Your Loved One’s Finances - Tuesday at 7p.m. ET  Register Now

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Do you or anyone you know suffer from tinnitus?

Message 1 of 13 (85 Views)
all my life lol. Off and on, when its quiet, I get a roaring ( like niagra falls) in my ears. I have slept with a TV on since my teens because of it. My son has it too. Its not EVERY night, and doesnt happen ( or isnt noticable) when other noise is going on..like mowing or something.
So it begins.
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 13 (2,172 Views)

Recently I noticed after friends of mine were talking about sounds in the years that I have a continual soft noise in my ears. Not quite sure if it's like soft buzzing, it's hard to describe. Should I get my ears checked?

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 13 (2,470 Views)

Lipo flavonoid is an over the counter medicine that has been available for over 50 years. Try it it comes with a money back guarantee if not happy.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 13 (2,805 Views)
i am finding that the best way to heal my bad leg is to not use it. i have been disabled since 2012. it was really hard to do. the doctor said some get in 2 years 5, 7 and never. what was so hard for me to learn is this that the muscles and bones were torn and the more when i use the muscle i am at risk of tearing these legiments in my leg even more. people are aware of how hard shoes on our feet are. you may not know it but they also do great damage to our leg even going on a walk to a store. i have been relying on the community more to help with services like laundry, shopping and mail orders. sometimes 1 lift can set you way back again.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 5 of 13 (5,013 Views)

I do not suffer from Tinnitus, but I came across this article whilel researching vitamins a few days ago.

There seens to be some pretty good advice in there.

To quote from the article:

The following tips may help lessen the severity of tinnitus:

• Avoid exposure to loud sounds and noises.

• Get your blood pressure checked. If it is high, get your clinician’s help to control it.
  • Decrease your intake of salt. Salt impairs blood circulation.
  • Avoid stimulants such as coffee, tea, cola and tobacco.
  • Exercise daily. It improves your circulation.
  • Get adequate rest.

Avoid fatigue.

• Stop worrying about the noise. Recognize your head noise as an annoyance and learn to ignore it as much as possible.

Here is the link to the whole article: http://www.pamelaegan.com/tinnitus/

Geaux Tigers!
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 13 (5,093 Views)

I have had tinnitus for 35 years.  Its predominant frequency is 10 kHz..    Initially, I wasted a lot of money looking for a cure.  Now, I couldn't care less.  My only advice to you is to stop being desperate for a cure because you will eventually get used to it.  Too many people take advantage of needlessly desperate people.

Silver Conversationalist

Message 7 of 13 (6,941 Views)

I have had it for over a year. I believe it started after an ear infection when my ear was flushed about 15 times to removed wax. I had them stop because I was getting dizzy. Some days are good, and others are bad. Group on facebook... https://www.facebook.com/groups/Tinnitussupportgroup/

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 13 (7,369 Views)

Also no one can afford hearing aids.  The cost is prohibitive.

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 13 (7,370 Views)
I do. And hearing aids are out of sight.
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 13 (8,074 Views)

I was recently diagnosed with tinnitus and hearing loss.  There doesn't seem to be enough support groups for tinnitus.