The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Do you ever find that you need a lawyer's help getting your doctor to give you the care you dese

Message 1 of 4 (626 Views)
My friend also faced this situation. His family contacted the lawyer who may help them to get the care he deserved. Personal injury lawyers also help with the medical malpractice cases. They hired a lawyer http://twitter.com/bechara56 to help them out and they may not face any legal trouble.
Info Seeker

Re: Do you ever find that you need a lawyer's help getting your doctor to give you the care you dese

Message 2 of 4 (1,028 Views)

Hope your dad is fine now!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4 (1,503 Views)

I was always pretty healthy as an adult, so I didn't even really have a primary care physician I saw regularly. Since I moved, I've been to 3 PCPs, because I was underwhelmed by their interest in me as a whole body. So my recommendation is that if a doctor isn't on your wavelength .. it's time to change doctors. Now in your father's case, where time was of the essence, that might not have been possible .. but something you might want to consider changing doctors, once his condition stabilizes.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Info Seeker

Do you ever find that you need a lawyer's help getting your doctor to give you the care you deserve?

Message 4 of 4 (1,541 Views)

My dad was critically ill and hospitalized for several months. Each time he was discharged home, he returned to the hospital within 12-24 hours with congestive heart failure.  It took a relative, who is an attorney, to get the doctor to prescribe in-patient rehab.  With in-patient rehab, my dad was able to recover while under the watchful eyes of his team.

Am I alone or is it getting tougher to get doctors and hospitals do give patients the care to which they are entitled?  What would you pay to have an attorney on retainer for you and your family for just such communications?  $50/mo?  $75/mo?

It saved my dad's life.