The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Conversationalist

Re: Color changing tattoo to monitor helath

Message 71 of 89 (1,773 Views)

Let's see...there's this Biblical prohibition against tattoos (I know, I know-most people ignore that now), there is my very strong aversion to needles (kept me away from some bad things my friends did in our misspent youth) and - what else might be monitored, I'm thinking, and for what purpose..?!?  Hey, just gave me a great idea for a movie.  Thanks! - AARP forum!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 72 of 89 (1,667 Views)

No tattoos for me, no matter what the reason.  They remind me of the tattoos used on those at Auschwitz!  Soon we'll have absolutely no privacy about anything.  We can't be sure that the information contained in these tattoos, or that can be accessed via these tattoos, will only be used by health professional, considering the hacking that's being done by all sorts of people and countries these days.  It's bad enough that we no longer have privacy on our electronic devices, our home security devices, our car security, our social security and everything else, but do we really want to have our bodies monitored, too?  So they say they'll be used to monitor certain health conditions.  I don't believe it.  They'll learn to use the tattoos to monitor what you eat, what you do, and when you bathe and where you are!  No tattoos! 

Social Butterfly

Message 73 of 89 (1,644 Views)

I 've thought about henna but as for the real thing, I'd definitely chicken out.  Think I should get a tattoo of a chicken?

Info Seeker

Message 74 of 89 (1,601 Views)

That way of thinking is long gone.  There are quite a few CEO's, etc. that sport a tattoo or more.  When tattooing your body, I would suggest not tattooing your neck or hands.  But otherwise, they are accepted in corporate america nowadays.   Having a tattoo doesn't make you less of person, or to looked down upon.  That thought is not be tolerated, and I would have no problem rising a fuss if I was passed over on a job & learned it was due to a tattoo.    

Nowadays, people don't really care if you have them if they aren't right in your face.  

Info Seeker

Message 75 of 89 (1,545 Views)

Yes, I would absolutely get the tattoo. For someone who has to test their blood sugar levels several times a day the tattoo would not only be more convenient & efficient but more comfortable as well.

The cost of a one time small tattoo of your choice might possibly be cheaper than years of buying supplies. People know when you have to test during working hours, it's not like you can keep it a secret forever so I would not be worried about someone seeing a tattoo that does the same thing.

Also, as someone mentioned, it would be good for first responders. As this technology developes in the future I believe it might save lives.

Info Seeker

Re: Color changing tattoo to monitor helathI have a tattoo now and I don't plan on getting one you d

Message 76 of 89 (1,513 Views)

We have a caddilac and proudly display our Granddaughter's school mascot.

Info Seeker

Message 77 of 89 (1,542 Views)

Depending on where it would be and what it would look like. Sure

I have 2 for show why not have 1 that is earning it keep Smiley Very Happy

Info Seeker

Re: Color changing tattoo to monitor helathI have a tattoo now and I don't plan on getting one you d

Message 78 of 89 (1,521 Views)

I don't have a tattoo now and I don't plan on getting one you don't put a bumper sticker on a Cadillac 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 79 of 89 (1,485 Views)

@puterbob - How would you feel if you found out after-the-fact, that you weren't considered for certain positions/advancement, because the people with whom you worked made assumptions about your health & ability to do those jobs, just because you had that tattoo?!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Info Seeker

Message 80 of 89 (1,356 Views)

Depends on how many and what problems it detects and what the tatoo will look like. Will it detect more than 4 diseases and would it be a medical symbol or something simple? I probably would get one if it can keep all my problems in check.