How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Topics: 1,076
Kudos: 11,844

Re: Color changing tattoo to monitor helath

Message 41 of 44 (834 Views)

AARPTeri wrote:

Would you consider getting a tattoo that would monitor your health?  MIT researchers have come up with new technology that monitors dehydration, blood sugar and more.

I have seen several articles on this subject and yes I would have one.. but others might wonder if an employer would notice etc.. ie too much info.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/color-changing-tattoos-aim-to-monitor-blood-sugar-other-health-stats/

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 44 (828 Views)

This sounds like something out of a Star Trek episode. The rapid innovation in biotechnology science is promising.

They don’t use tattoo ink instead they use a special biosensing ink that changes color due to the fluid in your tissues. This is a great article.

http://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2017/color-changing-tattoos-health-monitoring-...

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 44 (791 Views)

From what I've just seen, this isn't a tiny, unobtrusive Medical Tattoo, that would always be covered with clothing. I'd like to know what kind of "chemicals" they use in the tatto, and what side effects they might have!

I already have a tattoo/implant marking spots where the my breast cancer showed up, and then to align the machine when I got radiation treatment.

I'd skip any other medical markings & invasive treatments, if at all possible.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Community Manager

Color changing tattoo to monitor helath

Message 44 of 44 (764 Views)

Would you consider getting a tattoo that would monitor your health?  MIT researchers have come up with new technology that monitors dehydration, blood sugar and more.

AARPTeri