The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly

Re: Bifocal lens cataract surgery

Message 1 of 4 (630 Views)

Yes, I do. I don't like driving at night, but sometimes have to due to work. It is no worst now then it was before the surgery. LED headlights have always blinded me, and I do have and wear yellow-tinted glasses on occasion, especially on those 2-laned roads.

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 4 (643 Views)

Thanks for the information. Are you able to drive at night now?

Super Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4 (700 Views)

I recently had cataract surgery with the symfony toric lens. After being extremely nearsighted and having worn contacts for 50+ years, I am delighted. Recently I had to start wearing readers because of presbytopia, so I was most anxious to get rid of the need of any outside eye-correction device.

My vision went from 20/750, 20/700 to 20/20, 20/15. My only problem (and concern) after I had the first eye done was the halo effect around headlights due to the nature of the multifocal lens. LED lights were causing me see starbursts! Definitely not good for night driving. I held off for over a month getting the other eye done to allow my 'new' eye to settle and to be positive I wanted multifocal in the other eye. The starburst effect faded, but there is (and I was warned and instructed about this) still a halo effect. However, I decided the trade-off was worth it. The doctor told me that eventually my brain will adapt.

Info Seeker

Bifocal lens cataract surgery

Message 4 of 4 (729 Views)

Has anyone had cataract surgery and had the bifocal lens implants?

Were you happy with the results?