Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Super Contributor

Trouble With AARP.ORG Website

I have been trying for weeks now to change my log on email address on "my profile" page.  When prompted I enter the new address.  An email is sent to the new address with a verification link to click on.  Every time I click on the link I get an error that says there's a problem with the page and to try again in a few minutes.  I have called the service desk about the problem.  A nice gentleman took me through a very detailed and long process to change both the address and password.  It seemed to work but when I tried to log on the next day both had reverted back to the original.  It's been weeks now and nothing has changed!  I still am getting the error message on the verification page as well!  Is anyone else having this problem?  At this point AARP seems unable to fix it.

alaskadude1948
Contributor

Same issue here. Tried changing my email address.  No luck. Tried 4 times online.  The link from the website brings me to an unavailable page. I  called and a very nice woman walked me through it and sent a confirmation link which seemed to work but  the next day it went back to the old one. Luckily I use both email addresses. So I will leave it for now but it's frustrating.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Have a similar problem.  Have signed up for newsletters but get message that I have not verified my email address I click the link and it says check my email for verification but, I do not get a verification email from aarp, yet my email address is good and I use to log in to my aarp account.  same happens when I sign up for points.  Talked to aarp tech support twice and they tried to solve the problem but, still not working.  No news letters and I cannot change anything on my account and profile.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Check your blocked emails. You may find that you inadvertently blocked AARP. Otherwise, I would choose to use another email and change it in your AARP profile/account. 🙂

Regular Contributor

AARP is not blocked and no messages from AARP in my spam folder.  Why is it tech support can message me by email and I can get a copy of my chats by email but when AARP says to check my email after I click verify my email address there are no messages from AARP.  When I go to newsletters I still see: 

Confirm Your Email

You recently signed up to receive email communication from AARP but have not yet verified your email address. Click the button below, and then check your email for the confirmation email to verify your email address.  I click the button below which says send verification email.
But, I do not get the confirmation email from AARP

0 Kudos

The website is not "user friendly".  Directs you to call the 800 # if info not available.  However, no 800# is shown.  

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@d924820b  Since you do not see an 800 number, have you looked at the gray area below this post and clicked on Contact Us?

I have had the same problem.  You'd think something so simple and easy, like changing your email addy, wouldn't seem so impossible to fix.  The only reason I want it changed is to change my home address because I am no longer receiving the AARP magazine!!

Community Manager
Community Manager

The thread you have posted to was older and the isue of email address change was fixed.  If you are still unable to go to your Manage settings and change we ask you to call our 800 number so someone can help you.

To change - go to upper right of page you are on and click the drop down menu next to your name click on My Account this will prompt you to log in again - for security purposes.  Once logged in you can View and Edit your Account settings.  This will allow you to change email address, mailing address and more.

Teri

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

Does not work

0 Kudos
Contributor

this doesn't work for me.  

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PhilipG666619   Would love to help you further.  What doesn't work?  What are looking for in AARP.org?

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

After entering your new email address as shown in the example image below, confirming it and clicking on the Save button you get an email to verify it but that will not work?

AARPemailADD.JPG

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

Honored Social Butterfly

What web browser are you using?

Apple's Safari will NOT work with AARP's web site. Different people have different problems with AARP's web site using Safari. My problem is that AARP's web site won't recognize that I am signed in when I attempt to use Safari.

Try using Firefox as your web browser and see if that makes a difference with your issue.

Trusted Contributor

Another thing to try also is to clear your web browser's cache. Sometimes doing so can resolve all sorts of random wierdness.

The "Leo" at https://askleo.com

Any website admin ought to consider three things a top need. The main is web spaces. The second is web hosting in Pakistan. The third is content. Regardless of how encountered a website admin you may be, these three things stay consistent. Tragically, it is these three things which leave individuals confounded on account of the many comparative bundles offers at distinctive costs.

You ought to take the time to rundown your organization objectives first. For an expert site, you will require a protected host who is solid. Simply in light of the fact that you site just achieves one hundred individuals now does not imply that inside of two months it can’t achieve one thousand individuals. That being said, you ought to discover a host which offers distinctive arrangements which can be changed
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP