The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: It took 10 Minutes to Sign-in to AARP

Message 1 of 21 (147 Views)

"...Gateway Time-out     The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.....".

I've been getting this any number of times over the weeks. Additionally, the major sign-on issue I have is that only the text comes in, and all graphics are blank. That happens on a regular basis. That, along with the fact that 'my settings' does not work (I've posted that already).

I don't normally post this stuff because these issues are so frequent for me. I'm using the latest software: Windows 10 (all updates) and Firefox (latest version).

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 21 (163 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

10/10/2017 - Hope this doesn;t Jinx me - but I haven;t had any Logon Issues for weeks - same Laptop - Win 10 OS - Firefox Browser - etc.

I'm typically not a - Conspiracy Theorist - but I do believe someone in the IT Dept at AARP is MESSING  with me - I posted the above Post about a hour ago around 10 AM - then I closed my browser did some other stuff on my computer - came back and logged on to AARP around 11 AM and after weeks of absolutely No Issues - I get this

Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

Took me several attempts to Login

You guys really ought to background check who you hire and give the keys to the Kingdom too

Yeah I know - Coincidence

( " Eat Tic Tacs - Grope Woman - Become President " ) " - Anonymous

Message 3 of 21 (172 Views)

10/10/2017 - Hope this doesn;t Jinx me - but I haven;t had any Logon Issues for weeks - same Laptop - Win 10 OS - Firefox Browser - etc.

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 21 (602 Views)

Epster wrote:

mickstuder wrote:

Signed into AARP today and they have a - Brand New Login Screen - I Hope it eliminates all the Hassles 

Thanks 

@mickstuder Welp, I got that new login screen and a gateway timeout this morning. That was around 4AM when basically nobody else was online, too.

DH, a software developer, saw that and said "Their system is overloaded somewhere and they have yet to figure out where." 

Yesterday - 8/3/2017 - I started attempting to Login beginning around 9 AM EST from New Hampshire - I treid for over one hour and could never Login - Gateway Timeouts - Dozens of - I'm Not A Robot Challenges - All Unusuccessful - I gave up - attempted again around Noon EST - Same Thing - Tried Again in the Afternoon and yesterday Evening 

Bottomline - I could not Login Yesterday at all......................I sent Multiple Tweets to AARP and Posted on their Facebook Page - No Response 

This AM - First Try - BAM - Logged Right In 

Yesterday Tried Using - Firefox - Chrome & Microsofts Browsers - all with - Cleared Caches - Nothing Worked - Windows 10 with all Current Updates & all Browsers Updated Automatically 

Google Chrome Browser Kept Reporting - Oops Something is Wrong with this Webpage 

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH AARP SERVERS 

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 21 (676 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

Signed into AARP today and they have a - Brand New Login Screen - I Hope it eliminates all the Hassles 

Thanks 

@mickstuder Welp, I got that new login screen and a gateway timeout this morning. That was around 4AM when basically nobody else was online, too.

DH, a software developer, saw that and said "Their system is overloaded somewhere and they have yet to figure out where." 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 6 of 21 (681 Views)

Thanks 

Message 7 of 21 (812 Views)

retiredtraveler wrote:

"...This is the 21st Century - AARP is a Multi-billion Dollar Organization and They Can't Even Run a Simple 20th Century Community Forum - How Could They Possibly Be Trusted With Your Healthcare or Anything Remotely Complicated or Technical?...".

First. They are not a multi-billion. I've looked at their financial statement from Grant Thornton. Revenues at end of 2015 are 211 million.

2nd, they don't do healthcare. They sponsor various health care companies. AARP foundation is not in the business of healthcare. If you look at their operating expenses, you'll see that half of their monies spent in a year go to the SCSEP programs. If you look at their statement, 80% of revenue goes into various programs. DW is an AARP tax aide. They spend about 12 million a year supporting that program. Nothing with healthcare.

3rd, they are a non-profit (501c). Non-profits always have difficult decisions to make in where to spend their monies and putting a lot into a website is one of those difficult decisions. Any monies used to fund IT is money not used in programs. This is not a for-profit corporation who view IT in a different light.

Ok - that's Great - How About Commenting on the Topic?

Again, just now I attempted to Login

1. Firefox Browser - all updates Current - Got the Following

Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

Please re-enter your password along with the Security Challenge.

Sorry, security code did not match. Please try again.

2. Tried Google Chrome Browser - Got this 

Gateway Time-out

3. Tried Microsoft Edge Browser - Got This 

Gateway Time-out

I had to re-enter my Login Info. 7 times & go through that ridiculous - pick the pictures crap - finally on the 7th Time I was allowed to Login

Maybe they should take at least $100,000k of the 211 Million and hire someone who understands computer Software 

As far as AARP being a Non-Profit - that means absolutely nothing - Non-Profit is simply a Tax Dodge in our oh so fair US Tax Code - SPCA pays their Principles 100 of thousands in salary and benefits and the rest they spend on Real Estate so they don;t show a profit -  the SPCA have more spectacular Real Estate and In-house Facilities for housing Cats & Dogs than any Homeless Shelter for Veterans or Homeless Single Moms with Children..................... 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 21 (883 Views)

"...This is the 21st Century - AARP is a Multi-billion Dollar Organization and They Can't Even Run a Simple 20th Century Community Forum - How Could They Possibly Be Trusted With Your Healthcare or Anything Remotely Complicated or Technical?...".

First. They are not a multi-billion. I've looked at their financial statement from Grant Thornton. Revenues at end of 2015 are 211 million.

2nd, they don't do healthcare. They sponsor various health care companies. AARP foundation is not in the business of healthcare. If you look at their operating expenses, you'll see that half of their monies spent in a year go to the SCSEP programs. If you look at their statement, 80% of revenue goes into various programs. DW is an AARP tax aide. They spend about 12 million a year supporting that program. Nothing with healthcare.

3rd, they are a non-profit (501c). Non-profits always have difficult decisions to make in where to spend their monies and putting a lot into a website is one of those difficult decisions. Any monies used to fund IT is money not used in programs. This is not a for-profit corporation who view IT in a different light.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 21 (893 Views)

Aren't your post automatically backing up, being autosaved, after a certain time? See example images below.

AARPautosaved1.JPG

AARPautosaved2.JPG

What computer/device are you using and operating system.

I am on my desktop computer, Windows 10 with all updates using Microsoft Edge.

Highlighted

Message 10 of 21 (919 Views)

mickstuder wrote:

Again This AM - After already Logging in & out at least once without Incident I.......................

1. Attempted to Login

2. First, Got that aggravating - FORSEE SURVEY NONESENSE - WHICH IS NOTHING MORE THAN A DATA MINING OPERATION TO OBTAIN YOUR - IP ADDRESS - EMAIL ADDRESS - BROWSER TYPE - Etc.

3. Entered Login Information - Accurately 

4. Got - "Waiting on AARP.org" - for several minutes

5. Then Got -

Gateway Time-out

6. Had to re-enter Login Information and go through the entire process over & over

This is the 21st Century - AARP is a Multi-billion Dollar Organization and They Can't Even Run a Simple 20th Century Community Forum - How Could They Possibly Be Trusted With Your Healthcare or Anything Remotely Complicated or Technical?

7. Last night - I spent 30 Minutes imparting my voluminous wisdom constructing a Post on the Politics & Current Events Forum - Only to PRESS Post and have the Entire Post Disappear - the Screen went through it's usual - "You Have Invalid HTML Found in Your Post" - then Blinked a few times and returned - not my Post - Posted on the Forum - but a BLANK  Posting Box - EMPTY - my Typing gone Forever and Irretrivable - it's the 50th time it's happened just in 2017

Same Thing Just Happened - AGAIN

Logged in - started typing a Post - hit Post - everything disappeared after receiving this Garbage On Screen Notifications  

1. "Correct the highlighted errors and try again"

2. "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."