Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

It took 10 Minutes to Sign-in to AARP

Honored Social Butterfly

1. 7 Gateway Timeouts

2. I had to pass the - I'm not a Robot - multiple times - with each challenge repeating the pictures over & over

3. There is something seriously wrong trying to Log in to AARP from the Northeast - I was on someone elses computer last week trying to Login to My Account and the same hassle

Fix The Server Issues - how many times to Users have to Complain before someone looks into these multiple & consistent issues?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Social Butterfly

I never sign out on Microsoft Edge, IE, Firefox or SeaMonkey so I am always signed in.

I did try AOL and received the time out on my first two tries but was signed in on my third time. I never saw anything about proving I was not a robot or choosing images. Below are images of my signing in on AOL. I am on my desktop computer, Windows 10 with all updates.

Click on, tap or activate images to be able to enlarge them.

AARPSignOn72017A.JPGAARPSignOn72017B.JPG

Honored Social Butterfly

@cat0w wrote:

I never sign out on Microsoft Edge, IE, Firefox or SeaMonkey so I am always signed in.

@cat0w I know others who do the same, however a person earning Rewards for Good points must sign in each day in order to receive points for that task. 

Also (feel free to roll your eyes) considering the apparent low level of AARP's technology, I consider it risky to leave my account open all the time.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Social Butterfly

@EpsterI know I get points each day I visit Rewards for Good, one point for each sweepstakes item, then I can add up to 24 more for the items I want to try and win.

I have never signed out and back in to get this, I just visit the Rewards Catalog.

Microsoft Edge is my main browser.

See image below. Click on, tap or activate image to be able to enlarge it.AARPRewardsforGoodPoints.JPG

Honored Social Butterfly

@cat0w wrote:

@EpsterI know I get points each day I visit Rewards for Good, one point for each sweepstakes item, then I can add up to 24 more for the items I want to try and win.

I have never signed out and back in to get this, I just visit the Rewards Catalog.

@cat0w Hm. Ok, let's compare notes. Maybe I don't need to log in and out every day to get the 75 points. Here's a screengrab of my Rewards account's earning page. This (171 points) is what I get every day but Sunday, when I earn over 2,000 points. On the First of the month I get 5,000 points, but every other day I get this:

my daily r4g points.png

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@EpsterHere is a screen shot showing some of my points.

AARPRewardsPoints772017.JPG

Contributor

Hi! What in the world is the Medicare Giving Quiz? I've searched the site and cannot find it. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@bw2221  Look here and there are several quizs on Medicare. I believe I did the Medicare Quiz.

http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/earn-points/

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Again This AM - After already Logging in & out at least once without Incident I.......................

1. Attempted to Login

2. First, Got that aggravating - FORSEE SURVEY NONESENSE - WHICH IS NOTHING MORE THAN A DATA MINING OPERATION TO OBTAIN YOUR - IP ADDRESS - EMAIL ADDRESS - BROWSER TYPE - Etc.

3. Entered Login Information - Accurately 

4. Got - "Waiting on AARP.org" - for several minutes

5. Then Got -

Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

6. Had to re-enter Login Information and go through the entire process over & over

This is the 21st Century - AARP is a Multi-billion Dollar Organization and They Can't Even Run a Simple 20th Century Community Forum - How Could They Possibly Be Trusted With Your Healthcare or Anything Remotely Complicated or Technical?

7. Last night - I spent 30 Minutes imparting my voluminous wisdom constructing a Post on the Politics & Current Events Forum - Only to PRESS Post and have the Entire Post Disappear - the Screen went through it's usual - "You Have Invalid HTML Found in Your Post" - then Blinked a few times and returned - not my Post - Posted on the Forum - but a BLANK  Posting Box - EMPTY - my Typing gone Forever and Irretrivable - it's the 50th time it's happened just in 2017

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

Again This AM - After already Logging in & out at least once without Incident I.......................

1. Attempted to Login

2. First, Got that aggravating - FORSEE SURVEY NONESENSE - WHICH IS NOTHING MORE THAN A DATA MINING OPERATION TO OBTAIN YOUR - IP ADDRESS - EMAIL ADDRESS - BROWSER TYPE - Etc.

3. Entered Login Information - Accurately 

4. Got - "Waiting on AARP.org" - for several minutes

5. Then Got -

Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

6. Had to re-enter Login Information and go through the entire process over & over

This is the 21st Century - AARP is a Multi-billion Dollar Organization and They Can't Even Run a Simple 20th Century Community Forum - How Could They Possibly Be Trusted With Your Healthcare or Anything Remotely Complicated or Technical?

7. Last night - I spent 30 Minutes imparting my voluminous wisdom constructing a Post on the Politics & Current Events Forum - Only to PRESS Post and have the Entire Post Disappear - the Screen went through it's usual - "You Have Invalid HTML Found in Your Post" - then Blinked a few times and returned - not my Post - Posted on the Forum - but a BLANK  Posting Box - EMPTY - my Typing gone Forever and Irretrivable - it's the 50th time it's happened just in 2017

Same Thing Just Happened - AGAIN

Logged in - started typing a Post - hit Post - everything disappeared after receiving this Garbage On Screen Notifications  

1. "Correct the highlighted errors and try again"

2. "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"...This is the 21st Century - AARP is a Multi-billion Dollar Organization and They Can't Even Run a Simple 20th Century Community Forum - How Could They Possibly Be Trusted With Your Healthcare or Anything Remotely Complicated or Technical?...".

First. They are not a multi-billion. I've looked at their financial statement from Grant Thornton. Revenues at end of 2015 are 211 million.

2nd, they don't do healthcare. They sponsor various health care companies. AARP foundation is not in the business of healthcare. If you look at their operating expenses, you'll see that half of their monies spent in a year go to the SCSEP programs. If you look at their statement, 80% of revenue goes into various programs. DW is an AARP tax aide. They spend about 12 million a year supporting that program. Nothing with healthcare.

3rd, they are a non-profit (501c). Non-profits always have difficult decisions to make in where to spend their monies and putting a lot into a website is one of those difficult decisions. Any monies used to fund IT is money not used in programs. This is not a for-profit corporation who view IT in a different light.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@retiredtraveler wrote:

"...This is the 21st Century - AARP is a Multi-billion Dollar Organization and They Can't Even Run a Simple 20th Century Community Forum - How Could They Possibly Be Trusted With Your Healthcare or Anything Remotely Complicated or Technical?...".

First. They are not a multi-billion. I've looked at their financial statement from Grant Thornton. Revenues at end of 2015 are 211 million.

2nd, they don't do healthcare. They sponsor various health care companies. AARP foundation is not in the business of healthcare. If you look at their operating expenses, you'll see that half of their monies spent in a year go to the SCSEP programs. If you look at their statement, 80% of revenue goes into various programs. DW is an AARP tax aide. They spend about 12 million a year supporting that program. Nothing with healthcare.

3rd, they are a non-profit (501c). Non-profits always have difficult decisions to make in where to spend their monies and putting a lot into a website is one of those difficult decisions. Any monies used to fund IT is money not used in programs. This is not a for-profit corporation who view IT in a different light.

Ok - that's Great - How About Commenting on the Topic?

Again, just now I attempted to Login

1. Firefox Browser - all updates Current - Got the Following

Gateway Time-out

Please re-enter your password along with the Security Challenge.

Sorry, security code did not match. Please try again.

2. Tried Google Chrome Browser - Got this 

Gateway Time-out

3. Tried Microsoft Edge Browser - Got This 

Gateway Time-out

I had to re-enter my Login Info. 7 times & go through that ridiculous - pick the pictures crap - finally on the 7th Time I was allowed to Login

Maybe they should take at least $100,000k of the 211 Million and hire someone who understands computer Software 

As far as AARP being a Non-Profit - that means absolutely nothing - Non-Profit is simply a Tax Dodge in our oh so fair US Tax Code - SPCA pays their Principles 100 of thousands in salary and benefits and the rest they spend on Real Estate so they don;t show a profit -  the SPCA have more spectacular Real Estate and In-house Facilities for housing Cats & Dogs than any Homeless Shelter for Veterans or Homeless Single Moms with Children..................... 

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Signed into AARP today and they have a - Brand New Login Screen - I Hope it eliminates all the Hassles 

Thanks 

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

Signed into AARP today and they have a - Brand New Login Screen - I Hope it eliminates all the Hassles 

Thanks 

@mickstuder Welp, I got that new login screen and a gateway timeout this morning. That was around 4AM when basically nobody else was online, too.

DH, a software developer, saw that and said "Their system is overloaded somewhere and they have yet to figure out where." 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Epster wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Thanks 

@mickstuder Welp, I got that new login screen and a gateway timeout this morning. That was around 4AM when basically nobody else was online, too.

DH, a software developer, saw that and said "Their system is overloaded somewhere and they have yet to figure out where." 

Yesterday - 8/3/2017 - I started attempting to Login beginning around 9 AM EST from New Hampshire - I treid for over one hour and could never Login - Gateway Timeouts - Dozens of - I'm Not A Robot Challenges - All Unusuccessful - I gave up - attempted again around Noon EST - Same Thing - Tried Again in the Afternoon and yesterday Evening 

Bottomline - I could not Login Yesterday at all......................I sent Multiple Tweets to AARP and Posted on their Facebook Page - No Response 

This AM - First Try - BAM - Logged Right In 

Yesterday Tried Using - Firefox - Chrome & Microsofts Browsers - all with - Cleared Caches - Nothing Worked - Windows 10 with all Current Updates & all Browsers Updated Automatically 

Google Chrome Browser Kept Reporting - Oops Something is Wrong with this Webpage 

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH AARP SERVERS 

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

10/10/2017 - Hope this doesn;t Jinx me - but I haven;t had any Logon Issues for weeks - same Laptop - Win 10 OS - Firefox Browser - etc.

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

10/10/2017 - Hope this doesn;t Jinx me - but I haven;t had any Logon Issues for weeks - same Laptop - Win 10 OS - Firefox Browser - etc.

I'm typically not a - Conspiracy Theorist - but I do believe someone in the IT Dept at AARP is MESSING  with me - I posted the above Post about a hour ago around 10 AM - then I closed my browser did some other stuff on my computer - came back and logged on to AARP around 11 AM and after weeks of absolutely No Issues - I get this

Gateway Time-out

Took me several attempts to Login

You guys really ought to background check who you hire and give the keys to the Kingdom too

Yeah I know - Coincidence

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"...Gateway Time-out     The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.....".

I've been getting this any number of times over the weeks. Additionally, the major sign-on issue I have is that only the text comes in, and all graphics are blank. That happens on a regular basis. That, along with the fact that 'my settings' does not work (I've posted that already).

I don't normally post this stuff because these issues are so frequent for me. I'm using the latest software: Windows 10 (all updates) and Firefox (latest version).

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Contributor

yes, these problems are reported by me, and to me by vols I am to help...I have not been of much help because I have the same issues...someone has built themselves a very high secure security wall job at aarp..but ''we lose volunteers, over this issue'' help

Contributor

Here it is January 7, 2019 and I cannot get into the volunteer portal at all.  It's as if the site is so overloaded, google cannot show the page to me.  Had a volunteer contact me via email and even my replies do not seem to have gotten through to be read.  I have wanted for the last few years to volunteer and something always quashes it.   What is the problem here?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@annelj69   Where are you located and have you tried your state and local AARP? Have you tried the following, by clicking on the MENU in the red ribbon above on far left side. See images below.

Near the bottom you should see this.

AARPStateLocalVol..jpg 

At the top of the MENU under your name using the drop down menu you can see this.

AARPVolunteerHi.jpg

Also in the red ribbon right of MENU you will see this.

AARPVolunteerHi.jpg

By clicking on Volunteer you should see this on the page.

AARPVolunteericon.jpg

Have you tried all fo these and still not able to get through?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes. Thanks. I’ve gotten past that and attended an orientation. One of the instructors is going to help me when I attend first class tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes.  I have already signed up as a volunteer and attended orientation.  The instructor is going to assist me with getting into the actual volunteer portal when I go to class tomorrow.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Aren't your post automatically backing up, being autosaved, after a certain time? See example images below.

AARPautosaved1.JPG

AARPautosaved2.JPG

What computer/device are you using and operating system.

I am on my desktop computer, Windows 10 with all updates using Microsoft Edge.

Honored Social Butterfly

@cat0w OK, so you are getting the log in points without logging out of the AARP site daily. Good to know. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder  Not just a northeast issue, I don't think. I've had the same recurring issues as the ones you describe over the past month. 

Here's how I've been busting through the resistance:

1.) Restart my browser. This usually works.

2.) If 1 fails, I'll restart my browser and clear my cache. This, too, usually works.

3. If 1 and 2 fail then I'll spend a bit of time composing a letter to a political figure. By the time I've sent that off, the AARP servers have gotten over their obstructionist behaviors and I'm in. 🙂

That endless, useless, goes nowhere captcha routine is ridiculous, I agree.

🙂

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP