Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Have you ever...

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 9 (392 Views)

"...But I have had my share of people misunderstanding what I wrote and have had to explain (never retract) what I said....".

That is precisely the reason I don't use social media. Social media is not a means of true communication. To use an old phrase, one is not speaking with someone but rather, just talking at them.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 2 of 9 (399 Views)

Although I have never posted anything on Social Media that I regretted (or was embarrassed by), it's mainly because I never hit 'send' right after typing the last sentence and I always take a moment to re-read what I wrote.

But I have had my share of people misunderstanding what I wrote and have had to explain (never retract) what I said.

On the Internet, it's always a good idea to never post in anger or in haste.  Saves a lot of headaches.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 9 (738 Views)

I

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 9 (825 Views)

I figure there's a reason for an edit in the upper right corner of most app's.

Facebook/AARP etc.

If it's not national security just delete the dang thing, or edit.

Froze

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 9 (997 Views)

g28834s wrote:

Deleted the offending post, then lay low for a spell. Let it blow over, then it's back in action. I don't think I've ever posted anything (yet) that I'd go to jail for, but it's early.

I have to beg to differ on the advice here. Better to own up to what you said, appologize for the laps in judgment and tell them you are removing the offending post and then continue "Back in action" as you put it. 

What you suggest doing will let a bad impression of who the offender is and their charictor. It can also cost friendships. Just my take on it, not trying to be argumenative. 

Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 9 (1,175 Views)

I never posted anything on social media period!

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 9 (1,351 Views)
Many years ago, when I was about 16, my dad gave this advice: "Never put anything in writing that you would not want the whole world to see." I have followed his advice for 54 years and have never regretted anything I have written.
Gold Conversationalist

Message 8 of 9 (1,397 Views)

Deleted the offending post, then lay low for a spell. Let it blow over, then it's back in action. I don't think I've ever posted anything (yet) that I'd go to jail for, but it's early.

Community Manager

Have you ever...

Message 9 of 9 (1,491 Views)

Have you ever posted something on social media that you later regretted?  What did you do?

AARPTeri