Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Do you have snapchat or instagram?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have snapchat or instagram?

Studies are showing how the younger generation are using these two apps frequently.  I am curious, does anyoneon here use either of these?  What do you thinnk?

AARPTeri
Recognized Social Butterfly

@EveRH  Bad enough that you spend time here?   AARP a guilty pleasure? Say it isnt so Woman Very Happy.

No snapchat or instagram for me either.  I do admit to message board addiction though and there are blogs I enjoy.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita - All social media is a time-suck, although all the nasty & overwhelming political discussions have made AARP less enjoyable than it used to be.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Honored Social Butterfly

I opened an Instagram account last week. I followed a bunch of artists, but haven't made one post. And I've been back once. I made the account in order to learn how Instagram marketing works. Once I've learned what I want to know, I'll delete the account. 🙂

I may end up doing the same thing with Snapchat. Possibly Facebook. Maybe other social media platforms.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

WOW - Are You Folks Old.............................Obviously most of you have no Idea what either Snapchat or Instagram is or how they are used.........................................

I don't use Snapchat because it is what the name implies - you send someone a pic or message - it appears on their device until they view it and then it disappears

Instagram on the other hand is much more permanent and it's one of the best and easiest ways I've found to share Photos with Family & Friends.......................

I'm guessing almost everyone here uses a Cell Phone and uses the Camera on their Cell Phone.......................Instagram simply allows you to send whatever you are already taking a picture or video of - to the list of Friends & Family you designate..........................automatically & instantly

You take a picture of that cool flower or the new Grandchild and rather then having to Logon to Facebook and post a picture and wait 20 mins for it to load and then never knowing who actually got to see it before it gets drowned out by Zulilly Ads or some other such nonsense.................

With Instagram - you know the people you want to see your pictures - have seen them and the stuff they want you to see - gets sent automatically to your phone or computer if your on their list

Instagram - Good for Young & Old - you should try it and BTW it's a Facebook Product so apparently even FB thinks something is lacking on their Signature Platform

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

WOW - Are You Folks Old.............................Obviously most of you have no Idea what either Snapchat or Instagram is or how they are used.........................................

We know perfectly well what these are. We just don't want to use them.  

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder - Wow .. right here on the AARP website, you're using the description "old", as a way to put down others, who don't have the same feelings about social media as you do! And to assume that not wanting to use a platform, means we don't understand it!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder  My interest is purely professional. I am studying timeline marketing. If any of these platforms prove to have benefit to either my work or my life, I shall take them up. Otherwise, not.

And what's wrong with being old, anyway? Believe you me, I earned these gray hairs. Every one of them. And I like them, too. So there. 🙂

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP