AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Info Seeker

Re: Do you have snapchat or instagram?

Message 1 of 33

Instagram. I tried Snapchat and didn't like it very much.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 33

i have instagram account.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 33

I remember back in the day, when I was dating someone & we took intimate pictures, they were taken with a Polaroid camera & handed to the other person. No negatives to be "lost"or copied at a film lab, or pictures being accidentally sent electronically to the wrong person, no getting hacked on some social media site. Old fashioned safety!!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Conversationalist

Message 4 of 33

I had one of my social media accounts hacked a few years ago that created a major headache for me, decided to delete the account, and have not joined new programs since then that demand personal information. I believe that protection of personal information on these sites is too easy for aggressive hackers to access and too hard for companies to protect. My family and I text photos, videos, and messages. It seems safer than snapchap or instagram. 

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 33

I have Instagram. Love it, easier to share pictures than say FB. Easier to stay in touch with family and friends.

Message 6 of 33

s886065b wrote:

I try to keep an open mind in regards to all technology.   I have accounts on both Instagram and Snapchat--don't use them much at all but feels good to know how.  

Never say I can't or won't. Life presents interesting challenges every day. Embrace them. 

@s886065b adn @UpperHandsPiano On Instagram check out yokoonoofficial and baddiewinkle to experience opposite ends of feminine senior expression. Smiley Happy  Natgeo is a good one, too. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 7 of 33

I find snapchat too time consuming; I don't want to watch the "story" videos on instagram either. But the regular instagram accounts are wonderful. Some of my favorites are PhotosofBritain, InteriorMilk, ArtfulReader, Amali.Mou, National_Gallery and StyleAtACertainAge. You can find accounts for almost any interest. I love looking at the beautiful images each morning; they are inspiring! I have an UpperHandsPiano instagram account where I give away free sheet music and practice tips. It's another nice way to connect with people who share your interests Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 33

I have Snapchat and love it.  My kids send me pictures and add the location graphic and I can keep up with them as they travel or in their eveyday travails.   I even paticipate when I am out visiting or finding a new place.

Message 9 of 33

ASTRAEA wrote:

@s886065b - I wouldn't want to even be registered on social media I don't use, because it's just so easy to people to copy anything that's public, and create a bogus profile using your material. Or they can create a profile using a variation of your name, and you wouldn't even realize it! Watch "Catfish" on MTV a couple of times; for sure you'll close any accounts you aren't actively using or watching carefully!

To protect myself from this (you know, as best I can), I never use my real name in a profile, never even type in my phone number.  I give up nuttin. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Conversationalist

Message 10 of 33

I use Instagram for fun and entertainment. So far I have never had a problem. As with anything, there will be ones who use and ones who abuse. You also need to be cautious and never supply any personal information for public viewing. Be careful, also, who you follow and who you allow to follow you. It is a nice form of comunication and a great way to easily share vacation pictures with friends and family. I don't have SnapChat only because I don't want another account with another login and yet another password. Haha!