AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Bronze Conversationalist

Re: Which Royal Wedding Did You Prefer?

Message 1 of 16

Both weddings were magnificent and a Cinderella Happily Ever After ending or should have been.  Kate added more personal items and the love between her and William was exuberant!  You could feel it and you can still see it.  I pray for this couple and their families and hats off to them for what they have already done, to me they already are the King and Queen.  Almost everyday they are out there supporting their love for country and human mankind.  They are a light to us all for charitable peace offerings to our brothers and sisters of the world.  God bless them for a long time, and perhaps with hope their wedding can be the Happily Ever After ending.  Please be happy with each other and work with your love and never go to bed without kissing each other good night, no matter what. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 16

I preferred the wedding of Kate and William.  The reason is simple--you could see the love between these two young people without having to look for it.

Although I was married in the same year as Dianna and Charles and was thrilled with the royal wedding Dianna was just too young for Charles.  She was his ticket to the younger population and a way for him to be more popular.

Conversationalist

Message 3 of 16

Dianas, it was a time when the world was  innocent and nobody was worried a terrorist.

Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 16

Dear Ann Wheeler: With all the terrible things happening in the world, it's good for us to think about something trivial at times,such as the royal weddings.  Otherwise, we'd all be ready for the nut house.  Skim the news, and that which we can do nothing about should be information only, but not take over the rest of your life.  Have fun.  Life's too short to take all the news personally. 

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 16

What  a shallow question?  With all that's happening in the world, why would you ask such a ridiculous question?  Anne Wheeler

Conversationalist

Which Royal Wedding Did You Prefer?

Message 6 of 16

Neither,they both were a bunch of fuey,there brits anyway,who cares ?

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 16

William and Kate, for the reasons that they married, as well as the wedding dress that Kate wore!!!   Beautiful and tasteful, and they kept it a surprise    (Wow!!!).    Diana's dress was crazy!!!   It could not even fit in the coach, and was all wrinkled when she got out of the coach!!!   I remember thinking at the time, "whose idea was that dress?"

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 16

William & Kate...married for love not royal obligation/duty

Conversationalist

Message 9 of 16

The only Royal Wedding I want to see is the one where the groom, who formerly dressed as a Nazi,

will actually marry outside his race and so upend a gazillion traditions.

Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 16

William and Kate

Announcements

Prepare to Care

A resourceful guide to learn about how to have conversations with older family members and much more!