Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What are your favorite Elvis songs and memories?

Retired Community Manager

What are your favorite Elvis songs and memories?

The king of rock ’n’ roll died suddenly Aug. 16, 1977. As we mark the 40th anniversary of his death, AARP takes a look back at this icon. We remember his magical voice and hip swiveling like it was yesterday.

What are your favorite Elvis songs and memories? Please share and tell us why. You can also read what others are saying.

Kudos
Views
Replies
Periodic Contributor

In the Ghetto.   I remember watching every movie he had on tv not once but over and over.  

Periodic Contributor

She's not you. Always loved that song. 

Periodic Contributor

Hunka hunk of Burning Love!

Recognized Social Butterfly

@jb31233756 wrote:

Hunka hunk of Burning Love!

Love me.Tender

Jail House ROCK

Contributor

I was eight and too young to appreciate Elvis when he first started his rise to national and world wide fame, but by the time I was 12 or 14 I was a confirmed fan.  I had the hair and some similar facial features and played both up big.  My biggest regret is that I was stationed at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas NV in 1969 and was there when Elvis came out of retirement.  I was newly married and just an E-3 making about $150 per month we barely had enough to pay rent and survive.  Plus the fact that it was a dinner show with alchaol being served and niether one of us was of age - bottom line - we didn't go.  I will always regret not trying.  I was fond of the King's early years and just about anything prior to the Lounge Lizzard cape & jumpsuit days.  The movies seemed to all be the same plot with background changes, but I watched them all.  Difficult to pick a single favorite, but I can narrow it down to a few:  Teddy Bear, Are you Lonsome Tonight, It's Now or Never, Lovin' You and Little Sister.  Interestingly my absolute least favorite Elvis song is Love Me Tender.  It's not that I do not like it, its just that I like every other song he ever did - - better.

Heart Break Hotel

Hound Dog

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Little Sister

Latest Flame

Two great rock n roll songs

0 Kudos
Contributor

Seeing him perform in person three times I will never forget. That voice that face that smile There will never be another. I loved so many of his songs I can't choose just a few. He will always be number One.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP