Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Info Seeker

Re: Was Diana too young to marry?

Message 1 of 15 (371 Views)

I think seriously that she should have married the Army officer; both of them were grown-ups by then.  He would have protected her strongly and loyally; eventually, she would have found the happiness that eluded her in her early adulthood.  My brother lives (now retired) in Spain after 35 years of living in Switzerland (wife-Swiss).  I am going over to Coasta Brava in early October so the 2 kids (28-daugh./22-son) can meet their uncle Francis (Frank).She is a hotel mgr/he is a software engineer.

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 15 (462 Views)
She was young and in love. Not only a man but a Prince was paying attention to her. She believed that he wanted her for herself. I myself have been betrayed twice. We learn from our mistakes. Unfortunately she never got the chance to move on.
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 15 (538 Views)

No, She was in love. I was in Scotland when she was married and I must say it was wonderful. I blame  Charles for missing everything up. He wanted an old hang and he got it at the cost if Diana.  He will have to do a lot of talking when he gets up to the gates of heaven. Bless Diana and her children.

Conversationalist

Message 4 of 15 (622 Views)
Spoiler

kb4216583 wrote:

This is non of our business.  The poor woman is no longer here to defend herself.  But, her sons are here and can be hurt by people talking about their mother.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was surprised to this question..it's a little late to "care" and it's certainly no one's business but Diana's and her parents. 
Diane Goulart
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 15 (674 Views)

I dislike that the Queen has to "give her permission" for anyone in the Royal Family to marry.  I love the Queen but I don't love some of the Royalty's stupid rules.....traditions....canons....customs.....?  Whatever!  I guess that's why they call them the "Ruling Party".

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 15 (779 Views)

Much too young with very little education by today's standard. Hold both sets of

parents responsible for allowing a 19-year-old girl to marry a much older man

who loves his life to the fullest. We don't live in the middle ages anymore.

Diana just grew up and did not want to be treated in that way. Royalty or not. 

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 15 (822 Views)

The age of Diana really had nothing much to do with the situation.  The Royal Family expected Prince Charles to produce an heir and they needed someone

of good standing family lines.  They needed a virgin also and they checked around to see who was available in that catagory!  They married and produced two now (remarkable) brilliant young men and the deed was done!  Once that was all taken care of not much else mattered.

Charles could go on about his business cosying up to "dog face" "bag of bones" whatever you want to call her. 

Unfortunately Diana was just used (as a brood sow) to produce an heir which she did.  Naive, I believe she was as to the ways of the world having not been working out for very long.

That is my take on the subject!

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 15 (864 Views)

This is non of our business.  The poor woman is no longer here to defend herself.  But, her sons are here and can be hurt by people talking about their mother.

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 15 (1,097 Views)

Yes she was much too young & naive.  So sad for her but her kids turned out great.  Wish she was here to see her grandchildren.

Silver Conversationalist

Message 10 of 15 (1,181 Views)

Joining the Royal family would be a big challenge for anyone.  Diana was probably in love with love and unfortunately, Charles let her down.  Loved Diana and you can see she was a great mom to her two boys and for that the Queen and Charles should be grateful.  Too young?  Probably, but no one would have had Charles heart except Camillla.

Announcements
Rush Aid To Hurricane Irma victims and Your Gift Will Be Matched, Up To a Total of a $750,000. Donate.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count