The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Did Diana marry for love or for fairy tale?

Message 51 of 66 (2,449 Views)

I know Diana married for love, and she believed the marriage would be a fairy tale, sadly not for her.  She was an example to the Monarchy, and her children, and we have her to thank!

Info Seeker

Message 52 of 66 (2,598 Views)

Why ask this? Why ask a question for which only the parties involved knew the answer to?

Info Seeker

Message 53 of 66 (2,570 Views)

Diana married for love but didn't know the idiot she was marrying was still in love or whatever with the evil Camille.  Diana was naive, very shy, very young and had to learn the "ropes" of the royalty.  She loved her boys very much and that is what helped her through the awful years with Charles.  He doesn't deserve the crown - so hoping the Queen will skip over him!!!

Info Seeker +

Message 54 of 66 (2,571 Views)

Diana married for love but was cheated out of a real marriage by Charles.

Info Seeker

Message 55 of 66 (2,719 Views)

I think Diana married for love.  She had no idea about the love affair between Charles & Camilla when she first met Charles.  I believe Charles was forced to marry her to sire a son who would carry on the title when he died.  

Info Seeker

Message 56 of 66 (2,720 Views)

I do believe that Diana married for love. She should have listened and questioned when Charles during the interview said, " whatever love means." If the IDIOT didn't know what love meant, he shouldn't have taken a girl so naive and shy. He was pressured into marriage by his family and Diana suffered because of his affair and indifference. 

Catherine
Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 57 of 66 (3,014 Views)
Diana married for love, but she was too naive to recognize the egocentric nature of Charles. How was she to know she was being used to produce heirs? And, that she was marrying someone who had already found the love of his life, and had no intention of discontinuing his sordid love affair. How do you know that people like Charles exist when you're only 19? How could she know? She lived a sheltered life. She was plucked out of obscurity and faced some of the most challenging life experiences with grace and passion. She shared her light and brilliant spirit with the world. After all Charles did to Diana, I was stunned that he married Camilla. That must be so awkward for William and Harry.
Info Seeker

Message 58 of 66 (3,449 Views)

I believe she did love him. What an overwhelming role she had without a strong support system of her own.  You don't hear about older women in her life that she could count on for advice, tea and sympathy. Loyal to her, not the crown or other people. 

Info Seeker

Message 59 of 66 (3,888 Views)

She married for love but was used by the royals to conceive children in the hopes that 1 would be a male thus insuring the blood line would continue. Incredibly sad that Charles was cruel to her as was most of those cold fishes. And I'll never be convinced that her father-in-law, Prince Philip, didn't have a hand in everything that poor girl went through from beginning to her tragic end.

And it was sickening that even her own family profited off her life.

Thank goodness it looks like the young royals are breathing fresh air into the family. I wish them well!

Info Seeker

Message 60 of 66 (3,863 Views)

Monarchy.... U r wrong. Its here to stay

Announcements

It's National Giving Month! Small Gestures. Big Impact. Discover Easy Ways to Give.

Discover more!