Ask Your Questions About Open Enrollment At AARP’s Webinar ‘Medicare: Your Questions Answered’ at 7 p.m. ET. Register Here

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: will my back pain ever totally go away

Message 1 of 3 (37 Views)

I am so sorry you're going through this. My sister in law fell on her back hard and has since been struggling, seeing orthopedists, primary care docs, a chiropractor, and an acupuncturist. She has good days and bad days. She's in her mid 60s. Her next stop is Bowen Therapy. I 'll let you know if it helps her. Here's a video i found about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu_EUKP2qfw

best of luck to you!

Jane

Jen
Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: will my back pain ever totally go away

Message 2 of 3 (127 Views)

MrsBarbara54 wrote:

I am a retired nurse. My mother was ill for many years and I cared for her, then I went (most naturally for me) into the nursing field.  I worked in a nursing home and lifted and tugged and did much physical work caring for my patients. Never did I have a back injury-never.

About 6 months ago, I helped an aging, overweight, widowed friend who was recovering from surgery.  I tugged and repositioned her in her bed.  I am guessing that is when I hurt my back.  I have suffered ever since.  I have had 2 epidural shots in my back from the sports injury doctor that my primary doctor sent me to and I also did all of the physical therapy sessions.  I still hurt. Will I ever be pain-free?  It has changed my life.  My gardening and all of my hobbies have ended.  I am sad.

MrsBarbara54,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are in chronic pain. I am not a medical professional, so don't feel comfortable giving much advice in this area, but we do have some videos on stretches for back pain that we recently developed with fitness guru, Denise Austin. Before commiting to any workout program however, I would suggest seeing your personal physician and discussing options with him or her. 

LINK TO VIDEOS

Please keep us posted on your progress. It's important that you aren't pain free so you can get back to enjoying life.  

Take care and write back. 

AARPJen
Caregiving Concierge
Highlighted
Info Seeker

will my back pain ever totally go away

Message 3 of 3 (243 Views)

I am a retired nurse. My mother was ill for many years and I cared for her, then I went (most naturally for me) into the nursing field.  I worked in a nursing home and lifted and tugged and did much physical work caring for my patients. Never did I have a back injury-never.

About 6 months ago, I helped an aging, overweight, widowed friend who was recovering from surgery.  I tugged and repositioned her in her bed.  I am guessing that is when I hurt my back.  I have suffered ever since.  I have had 2 epidural shots in my back from the sports injury doctor that my primary doctor sent me to and I also did all of the physical therapy sessions.  I still hurt. Will I ever be pain-free?  It has changed my life.  My gardening and all of my hobbies have ended.  I am sad.