Find the resources you need

Help Guidelines My Settings

Community
Home & Relationships

Community Manager
AARPTeri

Week 6 - Care4YouToo Community Contest

[ Edited ]

Congrats!! You made it to Week 6 of our Care4YouToo Contest.  

This is our last week and chance to participate for a opportunity to win!!

This week’s focus is on positive changes you have made during the past six weeks.

Week 6 - Share at least one positive change you've made during these 6 weeks.

728-fitness-challenge-b.jpg

Top upload a photo, simply follow these steps:

1) Click the red Reply button;
2) Click the tree-shaped icon to insert an image;
3) Select Browse to choose the image;
4) Click the red Insert Image button; and
5) Presto! You've uploaded an image

To help the caregivers who join the challenge, twin fitness experts Kymberly Williams-Evans and Alexandra Williams will offer fitness tips, exercises, encouragement, and support as you progress through the Care4YouToo Contest. 

Replying to this post will officially enter you in the contest for a chance to win one (1)  weekly prize valued at approximately $125 (may be gift card) and one (1) grand prize gift card valued at $500 that’s coupled with 1,000 Points that can be used in the AARP Rewards for Goods Program.

To be eligible for the weekly prize, you must post to the weekly contest question.  For example, to be eligible for week 6, you must post during the week of August 18 – 24, 2014.

See Official Rules and Terms of Service. Contest ends 08/24/14.

Not only can you win prizes, but also you will gain the biggest prize of all – a happier, healthier you.

CONGRATS TO WEEK 6 WINNER -  HELENMARIEWALTERS - WINNING POST:  http://community.aarp.org/t5/Caregiving/Week-6-Care4YouToo-Community-Contest/m-p/1433894#M1265

AARPTeri
Please use plain text.
Frequent Social Butterfly
agoyer

Re: Week 6 - Care4YouToo Community Contest

I've made so many positive changes - where to start? This contest has inspired me! For example, I just got up from my desk and walked around the grounds and up and down the stairways for 15 mins - I never did that before this contest! This weekend in the mornings before Daddy dragged myself out of bed (after being awake with him 6 times during the night) and I worked out on my mini-trampoline! And it gave me more energy to get through the day. I made my own hummus last night and brought it to work with some cut veggies to snack on! (I can't believe I never made hummus before - it's SO easy and I jazzed it up with some oven dried tomatoes!) Thank you ALL for your inspiration!  homemade hummus and veggies.JPG

Please use plain text.
Gold Conversationalist
AlexandraFunFit

Now I am hungry for your hummus. Yeah, super easy to make. I love pumpkin flavored hummus too.
Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
EEFisher

[ Edited ]

Eggland'sBest.jpg u

Make myself lightweight versions of favorites.  Like diet grilled cheese or in this case I used the microwave to cook up the egg and thus no fat added.  

Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
mestanley3167

First comment. Learned about "Fitbit" from sister this past weekend. Ordering one today. I have been suffering from severe grief for over 18 months and eating to fill the hole in my heart. I am committing to getting back to dog walking for exercise; both Gizmo and I need exercise! Thank you. MES
Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
lp4349

I rescued a cat.

Please use plain text.
Info Seeker
dogfish01

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Gold Conversationalist
AlexandraFunFit

mestanley3167 wrote:
First comment. Learned about "Fitbit" from sister this past weekend. Ordering one today. I have been suffering from severe grief for over 18 months and eating to fill the hole in my heart. I am committing to getting back to dog walking for exercise; both Gizmo and I need exercise! Thank you. MES

Welcome, and I am glad you are here. The FitBit is a great tool, though Gizmo is best for helping with grief AND exercise. You are smart to recommit to walking, as movement changes your brain chemisty and will help you heal. If you and Gizmo walk by the library, you might want to check out John Ratey's book, "Spark." 

Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Please use plain text.
Gold Conversationalist
Stellaria

I retired August 1.  Working one more year would have increased my retirement income, but my health and well being is more important.  It was definitely time to retire, and I am in a happy daze at the moment.  Retirement is a Good Thing!

Please use plain text.
Gold Conversationalist
AlexandraFunFit

Congratulations.
Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Please use plain text.