Schedule Your Free 30-Minute Life Coaching Session Via Life Reimagined. Learn More »

Info Seeker

Re: Week 6 - Care4YouToo Community Contest

Message 1 of 43 (1,252 Views)
Listen more and give as much as possible. Not just to family. Strangers as well. Take your coat off and share.
Conversationalist

Message 2 of 43 (1,644 Views)
Thank you very much.
Conversationalist

Message 3 of 43 (1,723 Views)
Thanks. I'm trying. Smiley Happy
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 43 (1,817 Views)

Pumpkin hummus - wow I LOVE pumpkin but never thought of adding to hummus! I'll have to try it!!!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 5 of 43 (1,825 Views)
Wow, that's huge. Congrats mp22617159 (sounds like a song)
Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Gold Conversationalist

Message 6 of 43 (1,825 Views)
Yahoo is right sb4404
Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Gold Conversationalist

Message 7 of 43 (1,825 Views)
You are fantastic delsur!
Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Info Seeker

Message 8 of 43 (1,839 Views)

I decided to get more sleep by skipping watching TV after the late night news. I have been going to bed between 11:30 PM and 1 AM every night for several years but always getting up between 5:30 & 6:30 AM and I always run out of energy by mid afternoon.  For the first couple weeks I just couldn't go  to sleep when I went to bed at 10:30pm but I stayed in bed anyway. I do beleave for the last couple of weeks I am getting more sleep and it seems I have more energy and I don't get as tired in the late afternoon early evening.

Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 43 (1,848 Views)

I have taken to heart from experiencing it, that even the smallest changes or the smallest actions done repeatedly will, over time, make measurable progress.

I am applying this to everything that is 'out of control', the mail, magazines, newspapers, clippings, laundry, grocery shopping, yardwork, housework, demands on my time.

I may not have time to get everything on the shopping list but I have time to get these most critical items.

I may not be able to trim the whole bush but I can trim some of it (and put the trimmings into the recycling bin as I work so I'm not creating another 'problem area' for myself).

I can't get rid of the backlog of papers all at once but I can devote 15 minutes a day to it.

I may not have time for an exercise class, but I can add exercise movements to every day chores:  while doing the laundry, leaving the basket on the floor & leaning down to pick up each item to fold or when putting the clean silverware away, placing the container on the countertop opposite the silverware drawer so I twist at the waist going from countertop to drawer and back.

I may not be able to say no yet to eating the wrong thing for the wrong reasons, but I can question myself - is this really going to help? and hopefully over time find a better choice -- meditation, music, a brisk walk, ice water, a piece of fruit will become my new go-to habit. 

I've embraced 'little steps' big time.

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 43 (1,851 Views)
its an absolutely beautiful day

AARPTeri wrote:

Congrats!! You made it to Week 6 of our Care4YouToo Contest.  

This is our last week and chance to participate for a opportunity to win!!

This week’s focus is on positive changes you have made during the past six weeks.

Week 6 - Share at least one positive change you've made during these 6 weeks.

Top upload a photo, simply follow these steps:

1) Click the red Reply button;
2) Click the tree-shaped icon to insert an image;
3) Select Browse to choose the image;
4) Click the red Insert Image button; and
5) Presto! You've uploaded an image

To help the caregivers who join the challenge, twin fitness experts Kymberly Williams-Evans and Alexandra Williams will offer fitness tips, exercises, encouragement, and support as you progress through the Care4YouToo Contest. 

Replying to this post will officially enter you in the contest for a chance to win one (1)  weekly prize valued at approximately $125 (may be gift card) and one (1) grand prize gift card valued at $500 that’s coupled with 1,000 Points that can be used in the AARP Rewards for Goods Program.

To be eligible for the weekly prize, you must post to the weekly contest question.  For example, to be eligible for week 6, you must post during the week of August 18 – 24, 2014.

See Official Rules and Terms of Service. Contest ends 08/24/14.

Not only can you win prizes, but also you will gain the biggest prize of all – a happier, healthier you.