Info Seeker

Re: Week 4 - Care4YouToo Community Contest

Message 2 of 26 (1,715 Views)

Just "BEAUTIFUL"!!!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 3 of 26 (1,745 Views)

ouisinein wrote:

All in all I truly must say my improvements have been remarkable.

Wow, that's amazing. What did you do to get such fantastic results? In-home workouts? Personal trainer? Gym? Exercise classes? Personal workout? AARP programs? I'm very curious about your steps, so that others can learn from you.

Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 26 (1,750 Views)

My results have been minimum, but more than I expected. I have been able to see some toning of my arms and making progress with strength training for my legs. Since I don't have a right eardrum anymore, my balance/walking is extremely difficult, but I have finally been able to stand with the use of a walker for almost one minute. All in all I truly must say my improvements have been remarkable.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 5 of 26 (1,758 Views)

delsur wrote:

Tried joining a tai chi class last spring with the thought that might help but was only able to attend part of two classes before having to give up on the idea.  When things settle down here a bit,  I'm going to try again.  Meanwhile, I'll try to get a tai chi or yoga cd from the library.

You can also get yoga, pilates and tai chi for free online, though it can be hard to sort out the good from the other stuff. A few places to get started: 

http://www.lexiyoga.com/videos/ (this is yoga)
https://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates (this is pilates)
http://www.fitnessglo.com (this has a variety of choices & you get 15 days free)

http://www.gaiamtv.com/?icid=gaiamcom:topnav:header (you get 10 days free)

And it definitely sounds like you're steadily winning the clutter race! 

Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Gold Conversationalist

Message 6 of 26 (1,758 Views)

beisenherman wrote:
My pain level has changed.

Has it increased or decreased? 

Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Info Seeker

Message 7 of 26 (1,719 Views)

I feel so much better - fewer little aches and pains every single day adds up to enjoying life more

Conversationalist

Message 8 of 26 (1,733 Views)

I need better sleep habits but that was too hard for me to achieve.  So, I decided that if I got rid of the clutter in my life, I'd feel less stressed, and less needy of 'me time' in the form of hours on the computer late at night when I should be sleeping.  I committed to sorting or reading for 15 minutes a day and doing it in a way that I got a little bending and twisting & up and down movement.

My progress has been uneven.  There were days when I didn't get my 15 minutes in and periods of time when the paper was coming in faster than it was going out but I've perservered.  Sometimes after a week, all I have to show for my efforts is a nearly full recycling bin on Monday nights.  I congratulate myself that all of that is gone - none of it will ever have to be looked through again if some important paper goes missing.

What has surprised me is that - even with 'deluge' days - I can see I'm making progress.  At first, it was only progress I could see, but it encouraged me to try to set aside another 15 minutes here and there.  Now whole boxes of papers are gone.  Even very small changes can make a difference, if you keep on plugging away.

I thought I'd feel more limber from the bending and twisting but I'm currently experiencing intermittent pain that starts in my upper right hip.  It's not new, not a result of the exercise; it comes and goes.  Tried joining a tai chi class last spring with the thought that might help but was only able to attend part of two classes before having to give up on the idea.  When things settle down here a bit,  I'm going to try again.  Meanwhile, I'll try to get a tai chi or yoga cd from the library.

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 26 (1,737 Views)
My pain level has changed.
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 26 (1,741 Views)

as much as i sometimes need help because of my COPD and high medical bills I always try to help anybody  in need of help themselves.   What goes around comes around!!!