Exclusive Military Offer: Save 20% on Your AARP Membership. Activate Your Membership Today

Info Seeker

Re: Week 3 - Care4YouToo Community Contest: Tell us or Show Us (upload photo) one positive change y

Message 1 of 91 (188 Views)
Eat a big green salad everyday!
Info Seeker

Re: Week 3 - Care4YouToo Community Contest: Tell us or Show Us (upload photo) one positive change y

Message 2 of 91 (316 Views)
Eat a big green salad everyday
Community Manager

Re: Week 3 - Care4YouToo Community Contest: Winner

Message 3 of 91 (352 Views)

Congrats to our Week 3 Winner - sb6859.  He posted "it is really is very simple to do...I did not say easy...just simple" .   http://community.aarp.org/t5/Caregiving/Week-3-Care4YouToo-Community-Contest-Tell-us-or-Show-Us-uplo...  He is now eligible for our grand prize.

Haven't posted yet?  It's not too late Week 4's topic is to tell us or show us one physical change you have noticed since starting.  Post today!   

AARPTeri
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 91 (380 Views)

i will eat more fruits and vegetables. i will not snack on so called protein or power bars because they have lots of calories and do not fill you up. i will stop buying diet sodas. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 91 (420 Views)
AlexandraFunFit wrote:

OMG. This is too funny. Would you eat more fruit if it were sold as "sexy?" Apparently the romantic Qixi festival in China is looking for ways to make fruit more appealing to boys. Insert comment here about peach fuzz. 

Somewhere between cute & creepy; but I guess that's the lot in life of nice fuzzy round peaches! Smiley LOL

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Gold Conversationalist

Message 6 of 91 (426 Views)

OMG. This is too funny. Would you eat more fruit if it were sold as "sexy?" Apparently the romantic Qixi festival in China is looking for ways to make fruit more appealing to boys. Insert comment here about peach fuzz. 

Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Gold Conversationalist

Message 7 of 91 (430 Views)

delsur wrote:

re:cn555's picture of mixed fruit plate

That looks positively delicious.  I love fruit salads but it seems to take forever to cut up all the fresh fruit for three adults.  Any suggestions to make it easier?

The suggestion to view it as a meditation sounds wonderful. That's kind of how I view washing the dishes. Maybe you could cut up enough for several salads, then add a bit of lemon juice to keep the apples (and similar) fresh-looking. For me, if the cut fruit is in the fridge for over 24 hours or so, I no longer want to eat it as is, so I either add vanilla yogurt to it, or throw the fruit into the blender with some juice or almond milk and make a smoothie. Not sure this helps with fruit-cutting time, but maybe overall. 

Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Info Seeker

Message 8 of 91 (435 Views)
I am starting to add more cardio to my routine.
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 91 (443 Views)
delsur wrote:

re:cn555's picture of mixed fruit plate .. That looks positively delicious.  I love fruit salads but it seems to take forever to cut up all the fresh fruit for three adults.  Any suggestions to make it easier?

Years ago, I heard a guru suggest that we look at all of our activities as "meditation", and they feel more rewarding. Think about how succulent the fruit is, how delicious it will taste, how good for you it will be, and how much better you'll look & feel. Honestly, it doesn't take that long to cut up fresh fruit .. and what a nice "reward".

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 10 of 91 (457 Views)

re:cn555's picture of mixed fruit plate

That looks positively delicious.  I love fruit salads but it seems to take forever to cut up all the fresh fruit for three adults.  Any suggestions to make it easier?