Medicare Open Enrollment Ends Today. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Week 2 - Care4YouToo Contest: Tell us or Show us one positive change you will make to your phys

Message 1 of 44 (2,221 Views)

I have organized recipes that are healthier choices and started coordinating a shopping plan with coupons. Food is expensive, especially organic.

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Week 2 - Care4YouToo Contest: Tell us or Show us one positive change you will make to your phys

Message 2 of 44 (2,227 Views)
Way to go. That sweet roll is probably 300 kcals. Multiply that by 7 and you've just cut 2,100 kcals per week. That is a significant change.
Actively Yours,
Alexandra
Community Manager

Message 3 of 44 (2,239 Views)

Congrats to our Week 2 Winner - MarieRemie72.  She posted a great picture showing a physical change riding her bike - http://community.aarp.org/t5/Caregiving/Week-2-Care4YouToo-Contest-Tell-us-or-Show-us-one-positive/m....  She is now eligible for our grand prize.

Haven't posted yet?  It's not too late Week 3's topic is to tell us or show us with a dietary change you can make - Post today!  

AARPTeri
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 44 (2,243 Views)

I have cut out my morning sweet roll.  Just that one small step.  I also have started working in the yard at least 15 min.  I breath consciously, deep and relaxed, and I thank God I am able to take care of my 91 year old mother for one more day.  If I can, I stretch that 15 minutes and realize life is good.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 44 (2,131 Views)

I will take a walk daily to relax and get some exercise both

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 44 (2,151 Views)

Get active - get into a regular routine of walking, swimming, exercising

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 44 (2,157 Views)

take advantage of the community pool and swim daily

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 44 (2,162 Views)

Swim daily

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 44 (2,178 Views)

I am trying to do the driving exercise program you have on AARP daily.  I have back problems and want to strengthen my arms and back and stomach. (15 minutes daily and try to work up to 30).

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 44 (2,196 Views)
I have been traveling for over 2 weeks, sleeping in hotels and family beds -all different mattresses. My back gets stiff and begins to trouble me because I have not been exercising. Plus away from home I have definitely not been eating properly. I am going to buy a fit bit this week and use an online app tot rack calories rather than guess. I am also going to work Pilates back into my practice this week at least once this week and then build back up.